[Feedback] Testing 224 - Crop growth times

if we are unable to get rid of the rng tho then that wont matter so lowering the time in testing would atlest allow people to try and find has many bugs as possable has it stands tbh i see this update releaseing has a unoptimized bugfest due to the fact its being tested in the worst possible environment for the fact of just how much time is needed to run a single test

To be fair, with the size of this update, I wouldnā€™t expect it to be going anywhere near live for more than 2 weeks at least, so I think there is plenty of time to test all aspects of it.

Iā€™ve played on test the past few evenings, so Iā€™ve seen most things grow to fruition so far.

3 Likes

i would say for sure if it was being tested in a professorial environment but we got a public test realm with x people who are not coordinating what they are doing so you are going to get a ton of overlap not to menton people not even bothering to report what they may see has ā€œbugsā€ or glitches cuz they just want to see what they will need to do when it hits live.

take all that into account ontop of the hours it takes just to run a single test and i dont think even 2 months would cover a full PTR run

The devs do not expect us on any level to be their official testers of that magnitude. If there are bugs that are missed they will be fixed. Testing is provided to us as a feature and ability to provide feedback. We will never be held accountable if there are problems with this release. They understand that and are just giving this to us so we can be part of the process.

1 Like

i get that its just im fairly sure they dont have any official QA testers so we are kind of the first and last line for makeing sure the patch is not a total trainwerck lowering the crop growth times as low as possible for even a week would allow for alot more tests so that we dont risk the support section getting flooded after patch drop

going back to my first post the devs have sayed rng is here to stay so it just sounds best to put worrying about that on the back burner for after release balance fixing to see we are not working with release growth times anyway we may see the effects of the rng if its really bad and we may able to get a better gauge of drop rates has a side effect

1 Like

Iā€™ve found the rng to be very minimal with regards to the final percentage of crops reaching full maturity so long as you check the requirements for the seed in the tool tip. If you have a few plots set up at different times you could easily have a good crop rotation going to allow each one the time it needs while your harvesting and replanting the others.

1 Like