Fellow Friends and Acquaintances

I have created a hand-drawn FONT of the Oortian alphabet, it is rather basic, and as it is hand-drawn with a marker (the only way to get my printer to read it was with a thick enough marker) it doesn’t look AMAZING or anything, but it rather fun.

if you take this picture and go to myscriptfont.com, upload it there, change the name to BoundlessFont, and then download the .ttf file produced (it’s perfectly safe, i’ve done it on my computer and there are no issues)

then all you need to do is right click the file, install it. boom, you have a keyboard with a hand-drawn oortian alphabet.

you can then open up Microsoft Word, change the font to the one that looks like the proper symbols, (it will be alphabetized to the name of the font, if you name it Boundless, the symbols will be
:oort_b::oort_o::oort_u::oort_n::oort_d::oort_l::oort_e::oort_s::oort_s: )

then boom. you’re good.

12 Likes

sadly i can’t just upload the .ttf file and simplify the instructions. only pictures and gifs allowed

yuppie ! :sunglasses: :boundless:

:oort_b: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_n: :oort_d: :oort_m: :oort_o: :oort_r: :oort_e:

1 Like

Nice! I like the hand drawn look :smiley:

That’ll go nicely with this one …

2 Likes

yeah, i thought it looked a bit nicer than perfect squares, gives it the feeling of being something someone wrote. but i’m also gonna use yours, call it 1234567890 cuz the numbers look pretty cool

1 Like

oh, and on mine, the opening is <, the closing is >,

the |, [ ], { }, and ` symbols don’t work.

@Stretchious you don’t have numbers in your font :0 how strange

So it looks like these are covered:

1. Latin alphabet
  2. Arabic digits
  3. question mark and exclamation sign
  4. start and end of sentence
1 Like

yeah, the & doesn’t show up, forgot to write that one in.

Yeah, I think I left them out as they used a different glyph style - 4 connecting points instead of 9, which made the numbers the wrong size compared to the rest of the font.

1 Like

But my handwriting setup works with numbers, so there’s a trade off for cleanliness and flexibility. I could add other symbols if someone asks me to

2 Likes

Yup it’s good. I like it :thumbsup:

1 Like

I so hope you can write on signs with the oort alphabet in full release. Like you could hover your cursor on the sign and have the translation appear on HUD. (Option to turn it off for ppl hardcore enough to read it naturally, lol)

suggest it to them. put it in one of the suggestion threads

That reminds me about alphabet glyphs. Im thinking whether devs planned crafting them with different letters so you can do writing on walls and floors and ceilings etc. and they only released limited option just to have it in game soon enough.