Fire Caverns Community Hunt - Dec 16th @ 5 pm UTC

Couldn’t make it. Looks awesome. A bit of napalm bonanza there on few pictures.
What was typical Oort stone amount per head and how many meteorites did you go through?

First off, thank you to everyone that attended the event and to those that stuck around for the second half. Especially that group since we thought the second half was a bust until we had the super fight at the end with that monster invasion fleet!

The testing phase of this hunt was kind of a wash because we confirmed with @james that there was a bug with the meteors in that it was not counting the number of people in the group for all the spawns. So the ability to actually track resource drops versus previous hunts really doesn’t work. Gem drop rate was good compared to previous hunts. We do know that Oort was still less than previous hunts. Had we not received the 3 big meteors it would have been far lower.

But actual drops are hard to tell because all meteors we did come across were level 1’s except for the 3 levels 5s/6s we had. We still are not sure how those spawned considering the bug. Either way at least we were able to run through a harder meteor for people to see it as well as the server logs to show it. Hopefully the data will be helpful to fine tuning the event.

One thing we did agree on was that the meteor spawn rates did not seem consistent. Many of us had experienced multiple sequential meteors in a row on various planets but with this group size of 20 we could go 20 minutes without a meteor. This could have been a result of the bug so we aren’t sure.

The new attacks seemed balanced and there were no complaints. The only issue was that considering the group size. Non meteor spawned creatures still go down too fast with a large group and we would like maybe level 6 or 7 mobs at that point or ones with double HP. During the meteor events it was fine because of the amount of spawns.

Fights took about 10 minutes at least. Mobs must be able to MISS sometimes. Low percentage fine but not a hit every shot. Also due to the amount of deaths you do have, again it was brought up that death penalty should be only to the item in your hand and not everything. Not everyone can skill up death reduction considering the new monster attacks.

We all did agree that there is a very big problem around corpse longevity both during meteor and non-meteor spawn groups. If you have a lot of monsters to kill we can see other corpses disappear right before our eyes. So you have to decide whether to kill or loot and if you decide to kill you could loose a lot of the reward you should have received.

This problem is compounded even more on an meteor event of the size we had. There are so many monsters that you don’t have time to loot everything because you are trying to stay alive. The event was not easy at all. So we have no idea what our reward would have been.

We suggest the devs figure out the best way to ensure that all killing rewards on monsters are given to us in all types of events and decent size group fights.

Here are some screenshots of the horrors we faced especially when the double level 5 meteors hit.

Note: Don’t stand around picking your fingernails when a meteor is coming down… it will land on you! I think that strike killed 4-5 people.

** Here is the double meteor attack.**

10 Likes

Very informative post.

I also noticed there is a problem with dead mobs disappearing before all of them get killed (hunting in a group of 3 on Munteen).
On solo hunts I also had problems with non-meteorite mobs spawning and attacking me. Maybe normal spawning could be off around impact site until the event is completed.
Btw - I haven’t noticed if meteorite blast kills nearby mobs. I hope it does (in case it lands in the middle of a herd, they better don’t stay alive and strengthen the meteorite mobs adding to confusion and chaos of a big battle).

1 Like

Did just see a meteor land 10 feet from me and take out a poor level 1 wildstock. :frowning:

4 Likes

Oh No, not the level 1 Wildstock.

we should start a fundraising charity to spread awareness about Wildstock being crushed to death by meteors.

1 Like

I think it would be good if there were a way to mark the group leader(s) and have them show up differently on radar, different color or star on their icon. Maybe a nice big arrow or star over their character too.

2 Likes

^ THIS.

Or perhaps better yet, a full set of iconic markers we can assign to group members, that show over their heads.
And group members in a different color on compass. As well as assignable colors/icons there…

… Numberpad assigns an icon/flag over the head of the currently targetted entity? arrow, star, explosion, sword, shield, etc.

3 Likes

did not see it coming straight into my head lol

some pics off great hunt

7 Likes

took awhile but i got about 85%ish (complete guess-tamation there) of the hunt up on YouTube… just cut out some of the walking ^^

4 Likes

13:20 in second video is the first impact and resulting deaths. 14:20 in last video is the double meteor hit.

2 Likes

I have vitality maxed out, and had a full stack of potions, so didn’t die during the hunt. I also made sure to alternate between looting and killing (not dificult with repeater slingbows, just keep shooting) and at the end of the hunt i went home with 260 oortstones, and 80-100 of each type of gem.

We should do this more often. :wink:

2 Likes

yeah i found myself wishing that i had a silver bow just for looting >< lol

i always have copper with me for that lol

1 Like

Thanks for hosting this. I had tons of fun and will definitely be attending the next one.

1 Like

Is there another Community Hunt scheduled for anytime soon, or is it on hold until after the holidays?

Cheers,
-Eld

I didn’t have any scheduled at this time. Still waiting for details from @james and @vdragon about the bug around the meteor spawns not detecting the right amount of people to be fixed and deployed to production.

2 Likes

Right. Bugs. Drat.

That got fixed already :grin:

3 Likes

As @willcrutchley links - it should be resolved.

2 Likes