Fire Caverns Community Hunt - Jan 6th 2018 @ 5 pm UTC

The Fire Cavern’s owners are hosting a community hunt for everyone of all character levels this Saturday - January 6th 2018 @ 5 pm UTC

Here are the details:

Why is this happening?
Many people need Oort for their portals as well as experience and materials dropped from monsters. So a community hunt with many people is the easiest way to accomplish this goal. Plus it is a blast to have 40+ people running around killing things…

This time we will be focusing extensively on Meteorite events to test out various combat/spawning dynamics and give data back to the developers.

Additionally, while we handle all Oort shard needs for the Fire Cavern’s Portal Network that links all planets in the known universe it is very costly to maintain. We use the hunts to help fund this. We always do ask that maybe you could be generous and donate one or a few Oort stones to help cover costs to keep our portal network running (we are paying some coin for the Oort.) There is a request basket for this in the main portal network for your donations or give them to me.

Event Date/Time link for all time zones
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Fire+Caverns+Boundless+Community+Hunt+(Jan+6th+2018+%40+5pm+UTC)&iso=20180106T17&p1=1440&ah=2

NOTE: due to daylight savings time changes some time zones might be different.

Initial Meeting Spot -

Fire Cavern’s Portal Network - Main Room

Equipment Needed -

Everyone should bring:

1. A couple Slingbows of whatever choice you prefer to carry to help kill the mobs.
  2. Some cooked meat, berries, or healing potions for your health needs.
  3. A grapple just incase you need it even though we won’t be putting you in areas that have crazy terrain.
  4. LOTS AND LOTS of free inventory space for all the goodies that drop.

Discord -

We will be joining the Boundless Discord channel and using the Great Hunt voice channel if you wish to chat with us.

Who owns the Fire Caverns Portal Network

Xaldafax, and Reapall.

Additional Notes -

If you wish to bring other supplies for the community to help people (extra Slingbows / Food / etc.) please do…

If you have any other questions, concerns, or comments let us know…

12 Likes

Since we hadn’t seen any data posted on Meteors after the bug fix, I would like to focus all our time on doing them. So it would be great if we could have a decent number of people show. Please ensure you bring plenty of weapons and FOOD so you can heal and stay alive to help kill the hordes of evil devs! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love to join the Hunt! sign me up! :smirk_cat: :metal::boundless:

1 Like

You don’t technically have to sign up but absolutely AWESOME that you plan on showing! You can be my general and help order all these people around! :slight_smile: @ctrl-64 was slacking on his job and @reapa11 s AWOL.

1 Like

It’s cool that you guys can organize and carry out events on this scale with the community. Really goes to show the love and respect the community have for each other and the game. Reminds me of Destiny before it was launched, but much better.

Yeah it really is the group of people that do their best to show consistently to the events that have made them awesome.

1 Like

what job was I slacking on exactly?

1 Like

Absolutely NOTHING! I was just teasing and didn’t really write it correctly to convey that.

You’ve been great with all the help over the past hunts!

1 Like

Oh haha k cool :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh right i get it now, a general for signing up new recruits :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

25 hours before the hunt is live… Remember the following things:

1. We will be gathering actually inside the main Fire Caverns room this time where all the portals are to everything.

2. There was a daylight savings change in Europe since the last hunt. For those of us in the US please note the time change so you show at the correct times… Everyone should just check the link and confirm the time and your location.

3. I’d like people on the discord if possible so we can discuss Meteor dynamics. This way I have other opinions when I do my final writeup for the devs.

4. Bring plenty of food so you can survive the waves of mobs.

3 Likes

ugh im terrible with time zones…is 5pm UTC 12 noon on US East? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, noon for EST

2 Likes

thanks so much, i dont wanna miss it!

oh man! I may just be able to join this one! :star_struck:

4 Likes

The website linked allows you to look up your city and see what time it would be. But it is 9 am PST and noon EST right now until we go through the next daylight savings adjustments…

1 Like

I’m certainly planning on attending too, it’ll be my first community hunt! Looks like a ton of fun, even though my hunting character (Eolin) is still only medium level. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a PETA activist, I don’t believe the boundless community should partake in such acts of horror as hunting these beasts. We’ve trespassed on their territory and we exterminate them for it. This isn’t right, and every one else on these forums should protest by hanging up signs that are for animal rights. Do what’s right for the environment, and for the animals.
Thank you, a PETA trollololltavist

I will be there with my hunting alts to hunt and kill as many beasts as possible and feast on their entrails and lewtz. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You //\0N$t€R!!!