First attempts at rift forging!

It should be better then diamond.

2 Hits with a Diamond on T7 is 72 Energy
1 Hit with this is 72 Energy

This should 1 hit the sand/gravel too. So it should be a net save on energy and I can use a fast brew. We will see!

1 Like

I’ve been wondering if energy brew would have a use for this as well.

After further testing the rift tools I actually think they did a good job with the forge balance. Only wish is the energy drain would be lower on hammers. Overall the process keeps you on your toes and makes it interesting and entertaining for the most part. Well done devs

3 Likes

1 hit with diamond on a strength brew

Only rocks, not sand/gravel

Debstep forged these, she’s working on my set now.

I don’t forge but I’m told this was expensive. Totally worth it.

That’s if you’re trying to waste hammer durability on sand/gravel. From my mining expeditions it seems like most people leave the sand and gravel.

In a normal expedition I would agree. With the planets being limited and it a race to gather what is there I like to quickly move forward and just destroy everything easily. Seeing what is behind that gravel/sand is a weakness of mine haha

Yea don’t think there’s many doing that on the exo planets. At least not in the hot spots I’ve been to. Can’t tell ya how much was left behind. Had two ss of fragments the one time because of how much was left. Lot of rift left too. But I don’t mine in the traditional way it seems. Lot of jump mining going on nowadays

Funny story about that. Not to derail I put a detailed description of my rift selling activities over here:

In the forging/pricing department - debstep made a rank 480 last night and we’re trying for more. I don’t forge but those of you who do can make what you will of this pic:

100k offer wasn’t even tempting.

I couldn’t even imagine paying that much for a tool. Even back when prices were high they never got close to that.

Fair enough, it’s not for sale :slight_smile: This round isn’t even about cost efficiency it’s about playing a MMO in a way I sure never have before.

Has anyone else spoken up? Did I mine/craft and then she forge the first rank 480 tool on live servers?

TBH she was describing it to another friend and i didn’t really understand everything that was happening but he was like “oh so that’s a 200k grapple then”.

So yeah, this is not a commercial type solution just a race to be (among the) first. And they’re BEAUTIFUL :tada:

Very nice. Wow 583 rounds! Maybe I won’t forge my slings lol

Not sure if it’s the first. But some have done some 340s with only using about 4K worth of forge mats it seems like. Don’t think there is a real need yet for 480 rank things yet. Maybe when titans get here.

I made an axe for an awesome loot stick. I didn’t make any more tools they’re so OP right now.

I have to agree on this, this was for fun not for profit or need. At 21m, i forget what level of boon that is, these offer more range than any gem. They have similar stats for speed so there’s no need to max them out to outperform diamond/emerald.

If you’re not choosy about quirks it’s even better. This forge could have been stopped (I can’t remember exactly) by level 100 or so and these would outperform gems.

I’ve been using gem and titanium tools on the exoplanets with decent success. So I may not forge the rift stuff yet. On a side note, I didn’t notice if there were rift chisels in the tools??? Thinking of a change chisel for them if possible.

I believe @AeneaGames said there’s not but boundlesscrafting.com says there were recipes for it. I was hoping to change some of my refined rift but alas can’t yet. I’m sure they’ll be add later when all the new gems are in game from planets.

1 Like

Yeah at this time the chisels aren’t offered, nor any spanners.

Also I’m starting to float an offer of 1k/piece I need 22 pieces of rough umbris. We can trade around I have a tiny bit of blink and some rift left as well.

As for the first to run with one, i dunno i can get a forged bow for 50k, thank you though.

Guys I’m just posting it here because it’s a thread about trying to get the new tools forged.

And IMO it was probably about as ‘exciting’ as forging can get.

The grapple in those pics is definitely not for sale, as far as I know at any price.

2 Likes