First Farm

Just getting back into the game. First time setting up a farm, went to Farm School to figure it out.

How did I do?

Anyone have some farming suggestions out there.

2 Likes

Were you meant to add an picture to this post? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you did great, if you’re happy with your output proportions and aesthetic. :sweat_smile:

Well this is embarrassing lol, Just updated with the screen shot

1 Like

Hahah I’ve forgotten pictures way to often :joy:

Nice! I like the layout and how you’ve chiselled the blocks to save space with the lava placement :+1:

Have you thought about laying the farm out so you get 100% seed and 80% crop?

Isn’t that what this is? Didn’t fully understand from the signs. Doesn’t this give me more seed than crop, but still crop

From the looks of it, this is a mainly seed layout, you’ll still have a chance to get crop although it will be a smaller percentage. This IS a good layout if you goal is to grown your farm by getting more seeds to plant.

But if you are happy with the size of your farm, its better to reduce the layout to 100% seed then that will increase your % of crop. To do that you need 1 ancient corruption, then 2 ‘other’ blocks, then ancient corruption, just like my layout:

Ahh gotcha, so switch out every other corruption for gleam, or something else. Can I do that after it’s already planted?

1 Like

Yes, changes can be made anytime up until you harvest them. At the moment of harvest it takes the current state of the area into account.

1 Like

Where is said farm school?

Alder, there’s a portal in Sasquatchville town center