Flag system

my post was flagged, i got this message from DEV

This post was hidden due to flags from the community, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden.

WE CAN’T EDIT OUR POSTS ANYMORE

here is defenetly something wrong with this forum

honestly, it is only forum im member where we cannot edit our own posts

3 Likes

We used to be able to edit. We could also see the contents of post that were flagged.

Edit 1: I can still edit, maybe the issue is once it is flagged.

You can only edit within the first 3-4 minutes or so. And then theres also a limitation of edits per day.

1 Like

Over the years, the Boundless forums have undergone significant changes, unfortunately, not all for the better. A concerning trend has emerged, with some individuals exploiting the flagging system, although it’s important to note that, in many instances, flagging is legitimate. However, the lack of clear guidelines to distinguish between valid and invalid flagging has become a notable issue. Additionally, the once-positive act of expressing approval through likes is now viewed negatively, an unintended consequence that warrants reconsideration.

The future of the forum remains uncertain, and only time will reveal whether it should persist in its current form, undergo substantial improvements, or be replaced by an entirely new system. Finding a balance that fosters constructive engagement while discouraging misuse of features is crucial for the forum’s long-term success.

I have a feeling that if the flag system gets abused, @Tiggs will hand out consequences.

1 Like

Editing would be handy, but maybe there have been problems with that system being abused. Can always make another post.

@Zjawcia and @tarranth
fyi I flagged your posts earlier today.
It was quite clear the person who had started the thread had already had enough of people critical of their work etc and both your posts seemed only to be purposely aimed at inflaming the situation further.
If either of you have any feedback for me, please feel free to dm me.

3 Likes

I was sure about that too when an information thread had been taken down by haters. But since that thread never returned back on the surface, Im afraid so, we are censored on this forum.

The forums is about the free exchange of information, ideas, and even criticism.

fposter,small,wall_texture,square_product,600x600

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Can we please call it “feedback”? Critic itself as a word is normally neutral. But somehow gets associated with negative critic. Critic can be good. Critic can be helpful then we call it constructive as one gives advise, examples to improve etc. But since everyone understands “critic/Criticism” as something negative and go immediately, “no dont want that! If you have nothing good or helpful to say, its better to not say anything at all” - i think its better to call it “feedback”.
Its the same meaning. But feedback is considered more as something neutral and helpful.

So let us all try being helpful with the information we are sharing and the opinion we are expressing. Also, lots of things are taken very personal on the forums. It is maybe to consider seeing things with rather a cool head and with a bit of distance and objectiveness rather than thinking someone tries to attack us. Its mostly not something personal. So we should try to not make it a personal matter.

:v: :boundless:

@majorvex and @Tiggs Could 1 of you please check out WHO is abusing the flag system here ?

Thanks in advance !

1 Like

1 Like