Flagging a post SHOULD not be anonymous

There has been much posts that have been false flagged just because of strong opinion, I think it is not good.

But this suggestion about removing anonymity of flagging is something that I am heavily against, instead some limit on flagging ticket amounts or unflagging would be better options if forum software has such possibilities.

2 Likes

Personally I think it is more how the post was approached and the decision the author made in the choice of words or how they decide to act during the exchange. I haven’t seen any civil discourse ever be flagged in the forum.

I agree with anonymous flagging. It is about the post not the person flagging it.

1 Like

You’re probably being flagged for being so confrontational and using a Trump icon.

3 Likes

So he’s being flagged for other things than the actual content of his posts? Thank heavens people aren’t so petty to flag me for portraying myself as a drugged out owl.

11 Likes

I have seen quite a bit of what I read as civil discourse be flagged, I cant quote it since its flagged either… Not sure if everyone read it the same as me though. As others have stated, a flag as safe could be a solution as well.

4 Likes

Yeah that is a good point. I guess for me if both sides are being understanding and trying to share their view and be respectful of the other person, courteous, and other things then they shouldn’t have been flagged. We do know there are some with agendas or biases towards people… that happens in life. But, I think with this “trust” solution those issues will take care of themselves. In the end everyone can always try to improve themselves and work hard to have better communication with others. Each of us have to make that decision though.

1 Like

So ban people for having a picture of their own president?
But yet claim he is fascist… :rofl:

Either flag for the content or dont flag at all.

This is a forum, confrontation will always be a thing you cant just ban or censor everything because it doesnt fit your agenda. His comments were out of place in a few places. but some were civil.

3 Likes

Sadly it’s the off-topic flagging that is being misused for trying to suppress things some people don’t like…

And even tho some of the posts being flagged are indeed off-topic it’s clear to see they are not being serious with the off-topic thing since there usually are a gazillion other posts that are as off-topic as the ones being flagged…

1 Like

I can agree with this. Although, it is easy to read something someone says in a negtive light if you have felt slighted or attacked by that person before. Which is the problem with communication (text or even vocal) it is hard to read emotions when your emotions get in the way. No amount of effort can erase this, but a lot of effort can reduce it some. Some measure of self correction in the other direction could help create a better balance in this in the forum software.

1 Like

Hang on… which is it? Too much off-topic flagging or too little off-topic flagging?

All the flags are being reviewed. The community flags are like a rapid response as the community is here in realtime. I’m not always around and on the forums to review the flags sometimes for 12+ hours. (I do sleep sometimes.)

The flags are NO being weaponised or abused. Community members who do this have their flags rejected and rapidly can no longer abuse them. Just try it and see how long you last… and ruin your status in the system. (I’m referring to a general you here, not your good self.)

Seriously - the vast vast vast majority of the community here wants to discuss issues, ideas, and posts in a fun and open and non-confrontational manner. We should have turned this stuff on months ago - IMO.

17 Likes

Both I suppose, lol

What I mean is, is that in a thread with like 30 off-topic posts some are chosen somehow to be flagged and the rest aren’t which seems silly to me and tells me the one flagging has other reasons to flag them then the posts just being off-topic…

WHAT!!! You sleep? Why!!?? :joy:

Honest question tho: when?
Seems to me you only sleep from like 4am my time Friday (to Saturday) night until early Sunday eve when you reappear on the forums! :smiley:

Still way too many it seems who can! hehe, and I know how it works, will correct itself over time but right now it’s still looking a tad like abuse…

WHAT! Where is that flag button for this post??? :smiley:

Ohh, nevermind!
I got that, not that tired even tho I’m postponing to go to bed to type this, haha (oh, ehh, postpone that T8 exo until the morning for me will ya? :smiley: )

You mean over a year ago? Then these peepz would not have been able to do this now at all, hehehe

I support the President of the United States of America and am proud of it… it also is OFF topic but so far no flags for you…funny how that works lol

4 Likes

Politics dont belong in a video game forum. @james

2 Likes

Fascists dont belong in life.

6 Likes

I disagree with Mr. trump but I fully support your desire to support him. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

5 Likes

But he made no comment on him, just his avatar…

3 Likes

I am not even a trump person but good grief

Imagine being so triggered by someone’s avatar that you flag them.

Grow some thicker skin

3 Likes

For an avatar on a gaming forum? Yes

1 Like

I dont think anyone is legitimately flagging anybody based on their choice of avatar. If that was the sole basis of a flag, it would be declined by a mod and the flagging user would have their score penalized.

Everyone is free to express their views, but when the context of a post is at odds with code of conduct or other flagging criteria, then it is absolutely appropriate to flag a post. You should not consider the person, their political stances, or their avatar when submitting a flag, only the context and content of the post. To reiterate, all flagged posts are eventually reviewed and arbitrated on by a full mod. Leaders (myself, stretchious, never, and others) are not involved in reviewing or arbitration on any flags. In fact, I’m very sparing with my own flags, and will often opt to DM a person with my flags to give them the opportunity to amend the post, or we may even just move the post and related posts to a new topic to continue naturally. A post that is flagged, and remains flagged, has been reviewed by a dev and agreed with the flags.

3 Likes

I can’t even…

Edit: if you don’t want politics on a forum don’t bring them here.

4 Likes