Flickering on GTX 980M (drivers are up to date)

Here are two screen shots that illustrate the problem I’m dealing with. It wasn’t doing this a patch or two ago… and Vulpto seems particularly bad.

The effect creates a bright and dark flashing that I can control a bit by looking more at the ground. When I turn my character’s face up toward the horizon or the sky the ‘fog’ is illuminated and the screen becomes very bright. There is no flickering if I don’t move. It’s based entirely upon the angle at which I’m looking.

I get this too, and I think I saw someone else writing about it as well.
GTX760 here.

Can you look at the Debugging Information and make sure the world has finished chunking. Look for all the data about chunking to mesh / to load, etc.

Share a screen shot of these details when you have the dense fog issue.

I had the same mining yesterday, this blinding light effect from cave entrances.
(AMD Radeon R5 M335)

Here are some more examples. Im pretty sure cachunking was finished. Some screenshots show the debug info as well.

First two images, moving camera upp and down changed the visuals.

Same here, moving camera (pitch) up and down.

Here moving closer but about same pitch. Moving back again makes it switch back. So here the distance is a factor.

Last example, looking straigh up and changing the rotation (yaw?).

2 Likes

‘.’ is not working for debug mode. Is there a new command to enter debug?

F1 key it became

1 Like

Thanks, @SWProzee1

Ok, from my casual, amateur perspective there seem to be no chunking issues. Here are two screens with the bright fog… and without. All I have to do is move my mouse a hair down toward the horizon to get it to stop.

I can confirm this is a lighting bug against the fog.

Thanks for letting us know.

3 Likes

Glad we could help. Thanks for addressing it so quickly, @james!

2 Likes