Flowing water's influence

I’m expecting an instant “this would stress the server too much” answer, but:

Would it be possible to have flowing water influence items, players and creatures. If I place throw an item into flowing water, it will travel along the stream. If I got in flowing water, it would slowly push me along (maybe push me faster if I was on ice).

This could open up some really inventive designs for transport, games and builds. But I’m super happy with even having placable water right now :smile:

1 Like

One of the devs has mentioned an interested in this recently, I forget who it was exactly.

Though, to be honest, I’m quite happy with water not moving us around. There have already been situations during building where if water/liquids would move me, they would throw me off my build while working on something.

1 Like

Oh that’s cool, wonder who it was. Yeh that’s unfortunate, but falling off a build is a small price to pay for having some amazing builds! :smile:

I have so many ideas if water moved us lol

I think it was Luca that mentioned it

3 Likes

in minecraft you could set up flood gates that would flush the crops and have all the produce and seeds collected in a hopper with a chest connected to it, all at the pull of a connected lever or button.

2 Likes

Oh sweet cheers

Yeh not quite like that, would be too easy and if you made a farm 100 chunks wide, I guess it would be horrible for the server having all those entities moving - but I have 0 experience with that stuff

If they let water push mobs automated mob farms would be possible. It’s something I would personally like since I hate meteor hunting just to make glue for storage blocks. But I don’t feel it fits the game design.

1 Like

I want it simply so I can build some giant flume slides. :wink:

1 Like