Footfall status after Release 211

I am currently getting 1coin per visitor. It is not working.

1 Like

Its working for some… as above, might be settlement plot issues on yours.

Not trying to argue with you, just explaining so devs can see the full picture and help with whatever the problem youre seeing is.

In saying that… I did actually collect from one beacon about an hour ago that had about 1200c in it, then when i looked again 10 seconds later it still had 1c in it. I was the only one there. Maybe its counting our own visits at 1c?

I’m also only getting 1c per visitor. I left reporting until now so I could be around to see what happens when I see a new visitor. A player I haven’t seen before came by and before that I had 288c in the coin box. After they had been and gone, there was 289c in the coin box.

2 Likes

I’ve been working with @lucadeltodecso with the same issue. Maybe it would help him to see other beacons with the same problem.

3 Likes

The bug has been found, and will be in the next hot-fix update.

The bug actually manifested to mean that if the owner had visited the beacon on average within the last 30 minutes (sometimes more sometimes less) then they would get only 1 coin per visitor for the next 30 minutes or so (sometimes up to an hour sometimes less) until it went back to normal with the higher coin per visitor.

13 Likes

So, “a watched beacon never generates footfall”? :laughing:

8 Likes

Buh dum, tss…

Do we know when the hot fix is? And does that mean I can only go to my shop once per hour?

Likely around lunch time GMT

3 Likes

Thanks for your help! :nerd_face::+1:

So moving forward watched beacons generate less footfall…? Is this intended…? I know 1c probably isn’t, but that’s the general idea?

Same as what I am experiencing and already mentioned in another thread

as I stated its a bug, and will be in the next hot-fix.

2 Likes

My beacon is in my basement where the workshop is also located, I run past it every single time I go do something! And you probably mean visited the plots of the beacon, there are 3k on it, am sure I keep running over it like 1000 times a day!

Explains a heck of a lot. Tho I imagine the lost footfall is actually lost and you can’t retroactively hand it out still since you might not have records of it?

Whenever the devs talk about visited a beacon they probably mean run over a plot of that beacon, so your home beacon is never generating much footfall 8n that scenario.

Or I might be mistaken, but I assumed that is what he meant

1 Like

Lucky for you it’s your shop, for me it’s my home beacon, lol

cant retrospectively figure out how much footfall “would have been awarded” no.

There was actually a further bug that would be causing some beacons on live to be getting “too much” footfall too (wont go into details until the fix is pushed).

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. My shop is my home beacon and workshop. I hope sales pick up otherwise I’m in for a life of poverty lol.

1 Like

Lol, ok, well that is not what is happening with me for sure since I have way less footfall than before the patch, even on another beacon where I do get more than on my home beacon but I assume that is because I visit that less often!