Footfall status after Release 211

It’s not just the popular places. My small shop in Gellis Prime used to get just under 1k per day. Last I checked a few hours ago, there was 8c in the coin box and it’s been more than 24hrs since I last collected from it.

Mty large shop in Gellis Prime with portals from Ultima HQ, Ultima Mall, New Leyden, Shopping Village, used to get around 1-2k. It’s currently standing at 264c after I last collected from it over 24hrs ago.

So yea, it’s places on all levels of ‘popularity’ that’s being drastically effected.

If we were only getting footfall for new visitors over the last month since the last update. It makes entirely no sense at all.

The last month was averaging 1000c a day, from purely new visitors. Eg counting the first time people that visited once in that month, once. Not every 24 hours, not 48 hours or whatever, literally once a month.

Now that it counts new visitors, PLUS repeats, its less?

I dropped out of school at 16 and even i know that maths doesnt add up.

4 Likes

If they repeat visit within 24 hours, then it resets counter again. You dont receive footfall for them. Only if they stay away for 24hr+

I’m gonna put a sign up outside my shops saying… “Buy what ya came for and then GET OFF MY PROPERTY!.. But please come back tomorrow you beautiful Oortian. Have a nice day” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, makes no sense.

If we take your example, average 1k per day at 50c per visit (just guessing)

That’s 24k in a 24 day period, that means 480 unique and non repeated visits in that 24 day period.

This makes some sense if the counter is reset fully after 24 days from first visit.

However, if the counter is reset 24 days after the last visit, with such a small player base, they would almost all be repeat visits, and be nearly 0c income.

We’re not ignoring this issue. It’s still flagged as a known issue and under investigation:

Reporting what you’re getting in comparison to what you used to get is helpful - so please do this. Try to be precise rather than general.

Also, please don’t create and spread a story that this was deliberately nerfed. This isn’t the case, is unhelpful and is misleading.

8 Likes

This seems like a nerf. repeaters = 0c footfall.

So this is incorrect then?

Again, not having a go, just for clarity please.

Please for the love of the community, Explain this beacon coin lack thereof. This is going to mess up the economy. Do you know how many big players left this game because of lack of information on forging? I don’t think the new method is all entirely bad. It’s just people like moonies seem to use the old method which gives you quirks and many don’t feel once you mastered this this should be a end game piece of equipment .This is unnessary. My issue is not this here though. It’s James post on transparency and how important it is but we as a community seem to have a difficult time getting the “how to and what’s going on” for this game. A lot of us talk about it. Heck, ALOT of people know it. I don’t want freesbies or handouts. I don’t want it easy… but I do want a consistent clear view of what’s changing a good length of time in advance, what exactly (in detail) will be implemented so I can recognize a glitch when I see one. My team will have to shut down portals soon if the coin goes about like this another 3 days. We have a self fueling system which the coin buys back the shards. This allows us to give back to the community. So please, what is intended to happen with the coin and guilds cap?

This was posted about 10 minutes ago.

2 Likes

I was also told on Discord they agree/are aware that there is a beacon coin issue.

This is true regarding many issues here.

It’s great that the dev team have been and remain closely involved with the community. I guess they’ve gone for a few years maintaining various “alpha” and “beta” and “pre-release” statuses.

The f act is there’snot documentation about how very much works in the game. I was in several weeks before i had sorted out what the various HUD symbols meant and have had towork my way through several lessons that would have saved me hours, possibly tens of hours, if the actual plotting rules were published.

It seems like the harder I try the less loot i get as a hunter, but there is zero hard information regarding expectations from a meteor hunt, or what to expect in a level 3/level 1 meteor vs a level 4 / Level 1.

I still dont’ understand why when i die in moments I get oort but each time i have an epic battle and die I come back for nothing.

I set up a centraforge, then took it down. I’ll have to be bored of both building and hunting before I try to crack that undocumented nut.

Even worse, with nothing official to turn to, are the many rules of thumb ofr tips that players have managed to sort out on their own. The plotting change really has highlighted how much misunderstanding exists there.

I’m sorry this isn’t on beacon coin but it seems like it’s in line with your concerns and I just want to say, I agree with you 110%.

1 Like

Perhaps it is because the systems are much more complicated than people realize and that the only way they know to explain it is in programming terms that most gamers don’t understand. They tried explaining the new Settlement calculation and it looked very much like that just confused players further.

3 Likes

What I found after lucas was kind enough to answer some simple questions with clear data about the system rules was that the whole thing was much simpler than anyone thought.

It was so simple, and the things people had gone through to figure it out were so different and complicated - people seemed to have a hard time accepting how simple it was.

It was also mixed in/confused with an entirely new system and the change of plotting rules at the same time as the change in naming rules was a bit much. And I had to ask the same question three times to get an answer that I could interpret into a binary “yes” or “no”.

Especially since nobody actually knew how the plotting system was working, apparently. Now I see how i could have fixed my problem by either adding OR removing plots. This would have led me to think one person was correct and one was incorrect, when in fact both would have been wrong regarding the reason my settlement couldn’t resolve.

Things definitely vary person to person. Exploring unexpected intersection of rulesets and field conditions isone of my major interests in a system like this, though. I understand that isn’t the case for everyone.

Occam’s razor is a thing, and a lot of times “complications” arise from people thinking something must be complicated.

I 100% assure you that if the rules and logic are laid out clearly enough for a computer to apply them, they can definitely be parsed by a human. Even if we take a little longer than the computer.

Also, none of thi is applicable to why there isn’t a web page or an in game help page or even stickied/highlighted forum post that shows each of the HUD icons and tells a new player what they mean.

This is not an isolated or situational issue, it’s a matter of ‘business culture’.

3 Likes

6 Likes

laughcry

1 Like

If this is a nerf then I will start posting “the economy is broken” threads! :joy:

I just want to say I think the last change to forging was good because of the changes to effectiveness allowing newer players to utilize the forging the system.

Also, I will say that I have only been able to forge something to rank to 340 since then. Maybe this is just me.

However I CAN forge a T6 1 shot hammer pretty reliably with draining boon 1, vigour catalyst 2, and pure boon 3.

I think the footfall issue will be resolved. I know we all want this process to work from day 1 of the update but the devs are surely hard at work analyzing the situation and trying to fix everything!

5 Likes

Just logged in for a minute to check my store. Sold 450c worth of LEDs post update and 0c footfall to collect from beacon. That’s a little weird. But now, my coin per visitor has quadrupled in amount. Before, it was 20c/visitor, and now it’s 80c/visitor.