For Frodo?

Do need refined cold berry/ white or stone/rock. I’ll check how much I have when I get off work tonight about 11:30 p.m. est.

1 Like

I could donate around 20 stacks of white rock to the cause. I would love to see this build exist!

500 wide x 300 high in minecraft. That’s only about 150,000 plots and requires hacking the game to build above 255… easy as pie I say! :partying_face:

6 Likes

According to the New Line book The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare , the height of Minas Tirith (in the films) from the foot of the gates to the top of the Tower of Ecthelion (which individually is said to be 300 feet tall) is around 1,000 feet (304.8 m), and the diameter of the city almost three-quarters of a mile (3,960 feet). The book also suggests that the towering bastion of stone, shaped like the keel of a ship, which rose from behind the Great Gates on the first level to the citadel on the seventh, was a quarter of a mile tall (1 320 feet). However this height does not take into account the Tower of Ecthelion, which was situated on the seventh level, meaning that in total the city is some 1,620 feet tall (493.7 m). This means that the city’s total height is somewhere between 1,000 feet (304.8 m) and 1,620 feet (493.7 m).
Easy indeed, if the Devs give some hacking help^^
What do you think, @james, @Leahlemoncakes ?

3 Likes

lol, yeah building to full scale might be a little harder. I’ve found basing things around our 4m high heights to be a fair measuring stick when trying to build to scale. Although, admitably I’ve not even attempted anything close to a scale castle, let alone a city of Gondor.

1 Like

256 limit minus elevation you build at, you can’t really go beyond 200 height. And you have to find large enough flat area so the base of the build is not dug in and hidden when watched from outside. Otherwise you will have to use hundreds of additional plots in front of the city to flatten terrain.

Looks like 1:4 scale is something that could be done. As in would give a good chance of finding suitable spot.

3 Likes

This is actually a potential tool that the devs could use to generate interest in their product. Planets with specific pre-approved communal plot sharing for the purpose of build events. No footfall, no prestige, just cooperative building. Maybe have a few official organizers so it’s not just chaos?? Dunno, just want to see grand scale in Boundless.

6 Likes

That’s probably a case for private worlds with creative mode and modding.

1 Like

I was just going to write this. Developer sponsored building. The only thing is would it be on a standard world or a unplotable perm world where the devs have to give your permission to build on it?

2 Likes

I’m more and more excited for this to happen! I’ve got 2000 white bricks and I think 7 SS of rock I can contribute.

Also, if this helps inspire you, here is my still not finished Helm’s Deep:

8 Likes

I had Helms Deep 50% finished during EA, based on a few different art works. It was very free take on it, and scaled down a lot due to lack of plots. Happy to see someone trying it. It’s a very interesting build.

2 Likes

Sweet! This is not true to scale or even design, really. But I consider it a fair tribute. It was a lot of fun to make. I’m glad @Creegle isn’t going to tackle Minas Tirith alone, so much work.

2 Likes

Looks like Helms to me.
It does have all the main features!

2 Likes

How many plots do you need?
I have quite a lot

do you have an estimate?

1 Like

I will import some of those models into either fusion or MV and try to approach a real number tomorrow. I think it would be a good idea for a cooperative build of this scale for everyone to work from the same archetype. I’ll play around with the draft.

1 Like

Well, I’ll be VERY honest. I get very busy. But depending on what you come up with, and whether we can get the right people. And where the build goes (maybe)… I could be enticed to free up some other builds or spend my cubits/$'s…
I doubt I have anywhere near enough in terms of free plots but that can change quickly.

I suspect that we are going to have to adapt the idea to Boundless landscape or build that mountain…

1 Like

Would be cool sadly i cant provide some of the plots right now or mats but if you guys need someone to hop by and copy parts let me know (building and chiseling).

Btw do you guys plan to make it fully “interactive” as in rooms and so on or just en exterior shell?

2 Likes

I need a status report, please. I’m stuck at work and could use something to live vicariously through today.

1 Like

How is this looking for a green light ? Maybe @Creegle could start a new guild so we can easily share plots ? I have an alt with some cubits saved up . I am definitely down for suppling Cold Berry rocks , marble whatever is needed .

1 Like

Lol. Good Luck!!!

1 Like

I would use white concrete mixed with light grey concrete and a light brown concrete for aging effect. Throw in some moss too.

1 Like