Forge tools for new players

Thank you all for the support!

You can find the forged titanium gears for 1k each at our EZPZ @ DK shop (A1) and EZPZ main shop (on Maryx), please leave some for the new players :wink:

DK Mall A1

EZPZ Main Shop

(Some of them are really good!)

4 Likes

We have them at DK mall and had to restock twice yesterday because DK led newbies to buy them :joy:

But yea the real problem is to get newbies lol

3 Likes

I think 1000c its really not cheap for new player.

Remember when you first launch the game you havent got a clue is X cheap or not.

Maybe adding some sort of info what you can achoeve woth those tools? Like how simple ot could sound to you… newer player cpuld get something out of it.

5 Likes

I remember my first 1000c. Oh man I felt like a king for about as long as it took me to type this :rofl:

5 Likes

As a new player who’s trying to level up through group play rather than buying things, thanks for the method video. Some day we may even have enough thermal sacs to try it! So hard to find enough sufficiently high level hoppers, since we can’t quite do meteors on T5 yet. I think we’ll probably need to get through a few more power coil types before we can attempt this anyway. Stuck with single target for now, I think, since AoE without power seems kind of lackluster.

It’s pretty hard to make out the ingredients being used in the video since the name only flashes up for a moment. It would be nice if you made sure to show the tooltip for each one.

1 Like

You dont need to do meteors… you just go t5 or i prefer t6 and then find hoppers… they are all over the place… i usually end up having 20+ cores etc in an hour.
Everything strong and above is worth to kill for me cause those have actually decent drop chance for parts

1 Like

Good point!

I will update a text version once I have time. And also, if you get full power on centraforge, don’t forge titanium as it doesn’t worth it. Try forge some diamond tools for T6 planets and here is a very stable method you can try: [Guide] The Methodology to Forging Everything - V2.2 - AoE Bombs added!

2 Likes

If it helps, the deck we had in the first video is:

Effect, Special, Lightness, Drain 1, Pure 3,
Boon Removal Solvent 1, Fate 2, Longevity, Decon 3, Setting

In the second video, the lightness and longevity gums swapped place

New Shops on NIIA ZED KA! Green Elvendoor / New Categories / New Items 350coins not forged

1 Like

Thats ok deal for new player as tita (i just assume its tita) has ok dura and power to kill low creeps.

You thought of making guide similar to @wakeNbake or even a collaboration with him to add it to the existing one.

I’m sure there are other players that are a bit more old-school like me (or just plain old like @AeneaGames) and prefer to have a step by step guide next go you rather than flicking back and forth with video. Hell I went as far as to print the guide so I didnt even need to unlock my phone

3 Likes

Someone is asking for a spanking I see! Tsk! :smiley:

Old, pfft… but yeah, I really do dislike the tendency of people lately to make a 10 minute video to explain something that could be written down in 8 sentences which I can then read in like 30 seconds! I’m old, time is precious now, haha :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m not ancient like @AeneaGames but completely agree with her

3 Likes

Amen.

Videos help illustrate what to do, but with forging walk through just once is never enough, unlike a boss kill in an FPS. So i certainly think a written accompanying guide would help a ton.

I forge dozens of tools a week but still wouldn’t say I can forge. If it isn’t a T6+ tool i have no idea how to make it. I can just follow a set of instructions :rofl:

Although I made some bloody awesome blink heal bombs all on my own by pure luck lol

4 Likes

People are queuing up for spankings I see! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Took me a few months of forging before I felt confident enough to be able to sell them!

2 Likes

Don’t think I will ever sell them. I’m frequently pushing out 110-120 speed T7 sapphire hammers with no defects but its still JUST about fun to do it for myself, not to mention I’m not bothered if I do get a crit defect on a 120 hammer, whereas in shops people are far more particular. I wouldn’t fancy a bout of RNGesus hating me and having to fill shop stands every day.

1 Like

Very good points @ghandymarshall @AeneaGames @FireAngelDth ! We just imagined that a video would be more intuitive and visual for the new players to follow as Youtube was the first place where I tried to search for forging guides (when I didn’t know about the great guides and discussions that exist on this forum).

I do see your point that a written one would be much more efficient (now as an a bit over a month-old player). So yeah, why not do both. We’ll put them in words and add to this thread later.

Appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Great method guys and it’s nice to see people actually using their intuition to find ways of getting what results they want out of the forge. I know myself and and another using this setup for making T6 diamond hammers as cheap as possible so think beyond just the titanium tools, this is a method that can be used to cut that market down to size :grimacing:

Thankyou for the mention dude… but I probably would of passed on the collaborate thing… making guides is something youshould do for the love of it and my passion for trying to pass on what I know to everyone has long since evaporated so I now just stick to helping friends in need out.

While, yes, it is nice to have a collected repository of all guides in one place I fully believe there are enough guides on forging for anyone to stumble across one of the many available here on the forums even by the most clumsy of searches. But if you were to have this method added to any forging tutorial I would instead seek out Vanstens Ultimate Forging Guide to Absolutely Anything as it is the encyclopaedia version of tutorials compared to my amateur notes on how I do it scribbled down in a hurry.

I personally wrote mine as a step by step initially thinking that would be the best way to get my information across and had many people then of course ask for it in a YouTube version… which I am a complete amateur at but I did attempt to provide. But then I was most surprised that there were still others that this wasnt enough for… as they found it difficult to learn from either a written or video tutorial and instead asked for practical 1 on 1 forging training.

1 Like

1 on 1 is my preferred way to teach as well.

1 Like