Forge Master Crete's back

Hey forum folks, I’m name dropping one of my heroes here (perhaps thats a bit strong but hey we’ll go with it). If you didn’t know, this is the dude responsible for formalizing the general process we all use to push our forging out to a super huge number of rounds.

If you like top forges you should give this guy a shout out!

FYI I know others who stumbled on similar methods but Crete published his and asked for feedback and peer review. So as far as Im concerned the credit goes to him!

11 Likes

While I like to think i’ve helped people to forge I still cant seem to master the art of super long forging for perfect tools & lucent tools, so shoutouts to Crete for being able to master it enough make it into a business ahah

3 Likes

FYI Vansten if you leave and come back your getting one of these posts too :wink:

@Leahlemoncakes Lol, maybe we need a resurrection badge!

2 Likes

Does it count if I left for like 1 week about a fortnight ago? ahah

1 Like

Oh I don’t know these things… You’ll have to ask Leah

1 Like

Thx @MrNiX!

Well, this is embarrassing… lol. I havent even started forging yet, and feel like a newbie with all the changes! Hopefully I can go all mad-scientist on some of the new things to forge and help some players on the way!

Thx again
-ForgeMasterNewb Crete

10 Likes

:musical_note: Mr. Forge man, forge me a bow (ba ba ba ba) :musical_note:
:musical_note: Make it the strongest, that i’ve ever seen :musical_note:

ˢᶦᵈᵉ ⁿᵒᵗᵉ, ᵗᵒᵈᵃʸ ᶦ ˡᵉᵃʳⁿᵉᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵒᵘʳᵐ ᶜᵉⁿˢᵒʳˢ “ᵇᵘ ᵐ” ᵃˢ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷᵒʳᵈ

5 Likes

I’ve watched the Crete infinite forge video many times but still haven’t attempted it. Lol.

Welcome back.

1 Like

Yep I have the @Crete video saved to my desktop. I wrote down every step and put it in excel…but have never actually done it the whole way through.

Edit - Here is the excel sheet:

6 Likes

Welcome back @Crete. Never met you, but I must thank you for the infinite vigor technique that I have unashamedly utilized for Lucent forging! Your video is what got me started on the method.

7 Likes

@wakeNbake Hey awesome to know! I honestly figured the method may have been patched out by now! I am very surprised it still works, and also, i would be very interested to hear any tweaks you made to the process!

@XxymoxX nice little step-by-step there! I watched my own video once, and the only thing i could say is “Wow… i hope someone makes a better video or some better instructions”. Well done!

7 Likes

Well you’re in luck… or I’m in luck… @Jiivita was kind enough to make a tutorial video for me.

7 Likes

Awesome! that IS a great video!

I like how you used the corrupted compound for the increased vigor. Do you find it just wont work with 100 regular Pure Boon 3’s?

I was wondering if that would even be enough boon points for those low Flex items

Also, on average, how many defect removals does it take?

4 Likes

Welcome back. Hope to see your forged items running around again soon.

1 Like

I cant say I have tried with the pure boon 3 personally. I do know someone who has managed it, however it became a 500 round forge rather then a 300 round one if I recall and I dont have the exact specifics of how he did it off the top of my head, I can dig through my PMs though of you like.

How many defect removals… as many as 20, worst case scenario, on average though I guess around 14 or 15.

2 Likes

I lose interest in forging at round 50… I’ll never be a worthy forger at this rate… :grimacing:

1 Like

You’ll get there! I have faith in you @Spicewhale! Keep pounding away at the forge, and it’ll come to you. You’ve got this!

2 Likes

Wow! Hail to the forge gods! I learned so much here. Thanks for posting this. Wish I would have seen this sooner!

When i returned around the same time as @Crete purely by coincidence (you know, my yearly come and go) I was surprised and glad to see me old mate back, he got me going with forging when I didnt have a bloody clue. A kind and generous community member.

4 Likes