Forge on Elopor crashing server for multiple people [Resolved]

Was on Berlyn and now get web socket closed going to Elopor. Tried character on Elopor and same thing. Another user has same problem.

Are the servers offline for an update?

2.5 hours later and Elopor is still down. Have tried to connect via various portals, etc.

The worlds should come back up automatically after failure but I guess the server itself had an unrecoverable error

Tagging @michaelb

Just throwing this out there, i get “character is still connected to a world” when trying to log onto the game since my character got disconnected on elopor when it crashed.
I can’t get to sanctum to change characters to one on a different server or anything.

@James @michaelb. This appears still not resolved. I am on Elopor and it keeps kicking me to sanctum saying the game server has been lost. When I am in the planet for a few seconds the “failed to load and retrieve chunk” message is going off the charts with the chunks it will not load.

1 Like

@James @michaelb

I have determined the issue I am seeing. Elopor is working but when I get near a specific forge it crashes the game when I look at it and the machine status comes up or I press E.

Town: Kyntefall
location - 1437N -226E. Alt 147

My concern is that when I look at the forge it affects the whole server and I know the owner of the forget - reapa11 lags and can crash as well.

1 Like

Hi Xaldafax,

Apologies it’s taken a little while to respond. I’ll check this first thing tomorrow morning when I’m back in the studio.

1 Like

Wow sucks to be on west coast and can’t use a forge all day… but I did confirm this is a Planet Crash. We have 3 people on the planet and all crash when we try to use the forge.

We’ve had a few server logs through from last night, and we’re working to get them resolved. Once the fix is ready we’ll be implementing a hot fix asap.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we know it sucks when this sort of thing happens.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’m pretty sure you noticed the post in the bugs thread that this happened on Munteen too for more people. So hopefully you all will figure it out. Clearly the forge is way too powerful cause it can affect planets!! lol…

3 Likes

Looks like Elopor was patched and things are working. Thank you for the hot fix!

Yep, this should be sorted now!

Feel free to @ me if something goes wrong again!