Friendly PSA to the player who did this... it ain't gonna work the way you think it will

yeah from my understanding player activity in a… 30ish… block range iirc should disrupt all regen (ether by resetting the timer… or adding time… not really sure which) hence why towns have torn up terrain surrounding them most of the time. But, it sounds like there may be more to it… ether that or you came back at exactly the right time lol

Right, but that seems so very highly unlikely. Hoping the markers get left alone (hint, hint, people :crossed_fingers: ) just for a few days so we can see what happens. :face_with_monocle: (FOR SCIENCE!) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

imma take them all :fu:
jk, imma replace them with cream gleam for ya since those are more common, swing by my place and i’ll give you your gleam from those.

… if you need the blue gleam that bad, … just keep it. :man_shrugging:

i got lots yo

added a thing :+1:

1 Like

thanks for the thing :+1::wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

…interesting… :wink:

…could it be that the grave gleam regen works on a slightly different system, perhaps?

I’ll admit I’m a bit perplexed on this one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

…and its not alone…

That’s really cool! Just curious did you mark the ones that HAD gleam in them? Then the regen happened. And then they had gleam in them again?

A couple caveats:

1. I don’t believe all graves were filled when I marked them, so you’re right, it is possible the regen timer for the gleam is earlier than the regen of that placed on the tombstone, for those graves.
  2. Some of the graves were indeed unearthed and mined of the blue gleam, and had the headstone marked either a few seconds before or after. Between this and #1, we need another regen cycle or two to see for sure which is which, and whats going on.
  3. Nearly all the other graves have regenerated since I originally marked the headstones. Noticeable because I removed all the other headstone types but base Rock and smoothed out their covering dirt layers, …and they were all back as of a bit ago. (I just removed them all again to see when the next regen cycle for those happens).
1 Like

Also, interestingly enough, @SolFall replaced the blue gleam I had on the headstones with cream gleam, according to the forum post, ~6 hours ago. I found fresh blue gleam under two cream gleam marked headstones, about an hour ago now.

You’d think the footfall/interaction of being that close (to replace the blue gleam with the cream) would have interrupted regen for the graves, but … ? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is awesome to read about and learn, your kind of like a boundless mythbuster :slight_smile:

2 Likes

bwahahah! I mean, thanks (truly!), but its really just a function of having both curiousity and complete ignorance at the same time. :face_with_monocle::thinking:

Glad some others are intrigued though, I don’t feel quite so crazy now. Or at least, quite so alone in it :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I know for a fact that its possible to have your unplotted build partially gone, although that state doesnt last long. I had entire house gone 12h after unplotting and logging off. But then I also had builds that I unplotted that only partially regenerated, most likely due to people passing by. Also, blocks dont regen all at once, if you are there for regen moment and stand far enough you will see happening layer by layer (there is @Jivita videos on the subject somewhere). So if someone appears mid-way through regen, it will stop for another cycle in that half-regen state.

1 Like

Agreed, I’m just finding it odd that all the headstones I removed returned (which wouldn’t happen with an interrupted regen), and those graves did regenerate, but the gleam on the headstones stayed. (none disappeared).

Now granted, Only two of the graves had regenerated blue gleam in them when I last checked, but remember somebody (totally NOT pointing at @SolFall here, :wink:) replaced the gleam on the headstones, so that might have reset regen on some of them. We will need another day or two of regen cycles to see for sure.

Just trying to figure out what/how/why this seems to be working oddly. :man_shrugging:

And yeah, the Jiivita vid on regen is linked earlier in this thread, it’s good. :+1:

2 Likes

curiouser and curiouser. RNGesus works in mysterious ways.

1 Like

something I have been curious about but afraid to test. What happens if you jump down, furthermore what happens if you then walk off the edge?

Do it. … do itDo it!DO IT!

…I mean, how else are we going to find out?! – FOR SCIENCE!! :face_with_monocle:

lol, no, don’t. I’m just kidding. My guess would be A) you fall (possibly die) and get redropped somewhere ‘safe’ again, B) same, but you can recall to sanctuary and use the second portal to get somewhere else, or C) same, but you glitch and have to have one of the devs fix your character to get you out.

Any way you slice it, not worth it. But loving the spirit of science there! :+1::smiley:

1 Like

Roughly speaking, the entire world has a pre-generated surface height. Holes are filled in from the bottom up to this height. Poles are removed from the top down to this surface height.

3 Likes