Fuel Farm mesh?

So has always been a mesh count for fuel farms?

Just the combustion particle one. Kindling doesn’t count towards the mesh limit

How does that make sense my friend has it a mile long and it’s on one beacon of both fuels

Mesh limit is counted by chunk (4 plots vertical), not by beacon.

This thread:

Discusses chunks a bit.

My farm is 3 level (2 plot high):

• 2 layers kindling
  • 1 layer combustion

On top I have some other complex blocks and it is still fine.

Regards,

I did 2 layers of plots for combustion (one on top of another)- it gets close to the limit but leaves a little bit of wiggle room… but yours is the way I was thinking for the next iteration for sure

I would suggest in case you want to create a big farm to not doing it inside your main base. Do it in the same planet but in the other side of the planet and just link it to the base with a 1x2 portal, that’s almost free to mantain. Some people don’t have problems at all but others may get lag spikes depending on the farm size. It may have something to do with the fact that every plant is ina different growth step and the server may need to do a lot of calculations to render it, not sure about it.

I got a medium size farm last time I played it was two layer, one combusting one kindling, around 12k each type.

I had good enough connection at my base without the farm around 80ms (that was at Tana VI and I am from EU, not my region so I thought it was good enough) .

Once that farm went live I started getting lag spikes 200-300ms when I aproached it.