Fuel

Anyone selling higher tier fuels? I cannot find any, ever! I’ve seen one small shop that had 4 stand with a signs pointing to diff levels of fuel. But the higher were empty. I want more than 8 weeks.

Also I mentioned in the 190 bug report already, but the fuels do not stack. ie: put a tier 1 fuel in, then add a tier 2 or 3 in, and it does not count the fuel that is in the beacon already. It will only allow the time of the highest tier fuel you add. Even though the descriptions say they stack. (not 2 of the same tier of course). So don’t waste lower tier fuels if you plan on adding a higher one.

3 Likes

The advanced beacon fuel is impossible to make at the moment … The major ingredient , shadow orbs, which come from dripping mushrooms are virtually impossible to find. One of planets they grow on is Septerfon and I have mapped the entire planet looking for them and only found 3 and of those 3 mushrooms only 1 orb was dropped. If you fancy looking for them yourself then you need to check under every shady cliff … haven’t found any in caves. … the 1 that I found I put into the atlas and not one single hot spot showed up, not even the tiniest pin point. I’ve wasted about 5 days looking for them so I wish you luck if you do decide to try.

2 Likes

Isn’t there 4 types? I have Lesser, Minor, Basic. Is advanced the next in line and how many weeks does that give for it’s ultra rare ingrediants?

Burn time according to tool tip, pretty sure one of them is wrong though.
fuels

Edit/
Updated image. Improved is lasting longer than tool tip says, according to @Jiivita
Mentioned in this video: Beacon Fuel Crash Course | Boundless v.190 - YouTube

I have one Greater for sale at my mini shop at Aquatopia, but it’s priced at 90k or something like that. :stuck_out_tongue:
Because I can’t really farm the orbs efficiently, and I guess noone can.

6 Likes

To be honest I can’t remember, I’ll have to have a look next time I get on. I was lucky enough to top up all my beacons just before the update where the maximum was about 26 weeks I think so I’ve not really looked at the beacon fuels properly. Since then I’ve been looking for all the ingredients to make power coils for my workbench, compactor and refinery. In between that time I thought I’d better start stocking up on what’s needed for the max beacon fuel so when mine get low I can top them up again which is where I saw the shadow orbs was needed. Needless to say it’s been a pretty futile search and looks like I’m going to have to resort to putting alarms and reminders on my phone so I don’t lose everything by accident.

I see @Swede has beaten me to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

just go for basic beacon fule 58 days

2 Likes

YOU WROTE EVERYTHING ELSE IN DAYS. 2 weeks is 14 days. It’s bugging me bad, boo boo.

2 Likes

I did, and I noticed. :stuck_out_tongue:
But it’s written like that in the game for some reason. I agree, it should be written in the same unit.

3 Likes

Dune dragon sells the 4th tier of fuel for 11k. I (the exiles of keford shop) and vw both sell the third tier of fuel at 183. We’re all three the aqua shopping mall.

1 Like

Does Dunedragon have some sort of shadow orb magnet? :grin:

4th tier, not 5th

Yeah, he does have the orb for sale. But @Swede is the only seller I’ve seen with the finished product up for sale. You can find him right right out in front of dunes in the aqua shopping mall. See the pattern :laughing:

1 Like

Improved beacon fuel is about as high as you can go atm, and they are not exactly cheap either. Those shimmering orbs while not exactly as hard to find as those Shadowy Orbs, aren’t exactly that easy to get a hold of either. Their drop rate is like 3-4% chance with max luck. The chance for finding a shadowy orb is probably under 1%, and when you do find the shroom that drops it, its still an RNG thing to get it. The worst part is you need 5 of them to make 1 fuel. I’ve seen only 1 max tier beacon fuel for sale so far and he wants 81k for it, not sure if he/she is putting up that price just coz its for display, or he/she was really intent on selling it.

1 Like

In case it was my fuel you spotted on a stand; I set a price that I could accept. I totally understand if noone buys it, I wouldn’t. Might use it myself later on.

3 Likes

I don’t mind buying the 4th tier. I have 3 weeks to figure out how to simplify my life into a RV for a home, and sell or lose everything else in my life that doesn’t fit. In case some things go wrong with that process, and it turns out to be months before I can get time or set up to play, I was hoping to put as much fuel as I can in my builds. I don’t want to lose them.

Thank you guys for the info. For me it’s emergency crunch time to save everything.

Luck has had no help at all for me with organic harvesting. I only see it help with coal and low end ores. I tried with and without luck while hunting down sweet beans. My loot stayed the same.

Has anyone actually noticed a difference?