Funding

I’ve played quite a lot of games. I like observing which succeed and which fail.

One thing I have consistently noticed is that games which offer people easy, accessible ways to spend money tend to get a lot more support. This needs to be small increments ($5 - $20+).

I - and I believe many other like-minded players - like to support games that we love. I would have been spending a lot more on Boundless had these options already existed (although I understand the lack of their presence in pre-Alpha of course). Typically, some small amount every weekend.

My request to you: Please envision this for your game. It does not have to offer any competitive advantage. Just give us, your players, a nice way to splash cash in support of something we love (typically in exchange for some cosmetic doodad).

14 Likes

Yep, I’m all for this!

2 Likes

ill pay for micro transactions weekly I do know that, if they are available

3 Likes

Microtransactions have been touched upon many times in these forums. There are definitely some interesting past conversations to check out using the forum’s search feature!

3 Likes

I for one welcome our micro-transaction overlords!

Provided they follow the golden rules of micro-transactions:
Thou shalt not pay-to-win.
Thou shalt not pay to unlock lottery chests.
Thou shalt not pay to continue.

To expand on this, competitive edges that can only acquired by real $, or skipping natural progression to end-game status is obviously terrible.

Locked RNG “lottery” chests… nothing more dishonest than this approach to micro-transactions. Sure, you may have a “chance” to win that super-legendary-rare-exclusive item, but 99/100 times you will get that common trash loot instead. This takes advantage of the gambler’s falacy of fair odds in a “random” dice roll or whatever that is actually pre-determined by an algorithm to maximize profits and minimize payouts. And it only costs $1.99 each try!!

Any sort of pay wall that can only be reasonably overcome by constantly forking over money simply robs a game of its fun potential in the name of profits. An example of this would be a very rare fuel source that is needed more frequently than can be reasonably obtained and without it you are stuck in your progression, but is available to purchase with real $. Imagine if coal was rare, but was sold in the in-game store for $.99 a stack.

9 Likes

I was talking more cosmetic stuffs @Havok40k, and character models

2 Likes

Sure, and that’s perfect. Vanity pets, too!

6 Likes

cosmetics galore! literally ill pay $50 a week

I wish I had that kind of disposable income- my mortgage would be paid in 5 years, not 30!

11 Likes

lol I make deh moneys

I’m on that same train, give me cosmetics all you want, (my $400 dota 2 inventory can speak for that), don’t give me paywalls.

5 Likes

Im all for cosmetic micro transactions

1 Like

Awesome necro :clap:

And welcome, BTW :wave:

1 Like

Someone’s first post is a necro…lol.

Just hoping they ain’t new fo the forums or that post would have taken some effort to find (or just a wish to learn if there were micro transactions lol)

Their next post is going to be a spam advert for some shady website.

They search for something they can latch on too and then it sorta seems on topic after the initial nothing post of agreeing or praise…

This is also one of the threads that comes up if you search for cosmetics, so could just be an accidental necro. Often the “suggested” threads when you reach the bottom of a post include ancient threads too… which leads to accidental necros as well I think.

1 Like

POSTEMON!

No reason to keep this thread open any longer as there are already cosmetic items, purchasable with cubits, in the game