Future of my world roads

In new system on testing it is not possible to plot “snake” like my 1 plot wide road. And existing beacons like that will broadcast notice messages to me and game moderators. So I have understood it will be valid reportable structure in-game which can lead one-sided remove from game.

1 Like

Wait, WHAT??? They’re changing it so you can’t have a long stretch of plots now?!??!?

It seems to me that each case should be considered separately and based on the opinion of the players. Now I can come to you and ask, " Hey, can I line up next to your road? Can we modify it a little?"It will be much more pleasant and useful
In modern reality, i do not have such hopes)

1 Like

Majorvex has detailed info on this post. This only happens when there is empty space around (snake plotting on wilderness)

1 Like

thats my thinking thus the makeing of this post

That is what I am doing for people who ask if they can connect^^ event tho I dont have protection on :heart: t:

1 Like

It might not be a bad idea to read this

tldr:if a beacon is too uncompact (spread out) it wont generate footfall and cant expand further until its made compact enough again

5 Likes

i think roads llike this dividing planets should be banned becouse sooner or later they blocking someones expansion

5 Likes

Yeah but thats kinda vague to me anyway. Ok what if I have a road and its all plotted but not fully built does it remove my plots that are unfinished does it stop me from laying bricks?

What if my road is all one beacon with my city does some of it get removed if I dont have enough prestige? Im just not getting the compactness because to me compactness means it all has to be in one giant area that would not accommodate any roads outside your base city. So yeah this is clear as mud so of course ppl have reason to be upset/worried

1 Like

If beacon has been longer around, that is not really intentionally blocking expanding. There is also much to space expand below and above ground on existing plotted area :slight_smile:

I was mostly replying to Krollbar, who from their reply sounded like they had no idea these changes where happening

More beacon and plotting changes. Great. I optinistically think they just spelled “We’re launching private planets soon” wrong.

1 Like

Gotcha sorry.

technically im not deviding a planet. The map is square and seemless so you’ll just run the other way you will get to the other side.
Now if I’ve made a 3rd road on the planet that goes all the way around then I would have devided the planet in 2

Well technically YOUR build is blocking someones expansion right? I mean lets be honest any plot laid down blocks anothers expanding there.

I know lets all just hunt and not build lol everyones happy.

4 Likes

Very good topic for discussions.

Since its a building game, road is one of big parts and also be considered as normal buildings like home/basement…
But when your roads are acrossing the whole planet, you are both connecting and griefing everyone there. If its Tier 1 or Tier 2 planet, you could say that your roads help newbie to find their way to civilazations to cover up your world eating ambition, but you cant say so on Tier 3 or higher planets since everyone is using portals to travel.
You should not be punished by building your dream planetary roads, but please do considering you are also hurting someone else’s dream build places.
Although I love seeing people’s roads, but I cant agree with this job since you are destroying other people’s fun.

3 Likes

I do agree to most of this and I dont mind new system

Yea but any big / small build on a planet could do that. When people wanna build thier dream build they scout out a area first to check if its reserved, atleast that is what I would do

I made sure when I places the plots that I didnt do that :heart:
If people connect after that then that is thier fault not mine

Edit: I do ajust my build a bit if other people connect and if they want me to

2 Likes

How about someone wants to build in the middle of a huge ocean, but your roads and people’s roads are acrossing the middle of every sea/lakes on every planets (just an example). And maybe you couldnt even build your planetary roads if there were people already did that on every planets.

1 Like

Its up to luck, who ever plots there first. I mean asking someone to move thier build just because I wanna build there is kinda selfish / rude + people can make thier own lava sea/ lakes if they want it.

6 Likes

roads definitely don’t conform to some people’s views of acceptable builds but then that kind of thinking opens a big can of worms…big rectangle blocks, huge gleam towers etc (which can all be in the way of someone else’s expansion ideas…). where do we stop with our own subjective views.
I thought it great fun to build a big road around soch I…so much so I built a second one. That was a while ago and I’ve since demolished a lot of it already as my objectives and tastes have changed. might have to take more out if I want to fit in with these new policies of course.
I now build tunnels to new builds and while these don’t impact the surface in a negative way, they will still be seen as a negative thing.

5 Likes

You essentially divided the planet up into 4 regions that can never connect to each other besides connecting to your roads…

1 Like