Game balance suggestions

Eh, I think duration of same type and level should stack, not 25% xp food with 50% xp pie

2 Likes

Thank you all for your contributions. I think too that they should make a leap of faith and decrease the grind significantly, I have been around the back alleys for a few weeks and ppl are getting tired of the grind, period. Lucent is just the tip of an iceberg that is crushing this game. Seriously I hope they do get to balancing soon.

2 Likes

I only get lucent gems to make decorative blocks lol

3 Likes

Exp foods and persisting foods should probably not stack, increasing duration like you suggest could be good for those.

But for other types stacking the actual benefits whether flat values or percentages could make sense. Armor, health regen, energy regen, elemental resist. Based on product levels adding up, like porridge + loaf + pie or on combining different buffs active at the same time

@james

1 Like

Note: there was a tool level requirement in EA, based on the rock you were breaking. Copper to break iron, iron to break silver, silver to break gold, gold to break titanium and there were no gems back then. Also, every death used up duration on each and every tool, weapon, chisel and grapple in your inventory. Die enough without full death reduction skill and you lost everything. It did keep everyone close to home base, necessarily. Thankfully those two anti-player patterns were expunged.

1 Like

Itā€™s why I once made a post where I out brews and foods in categories and in each category only one of them could be active, strength and fast would be in the same category, teaching and persisting food too, etc.

2 Likes

That and to stockpile them for when they DO become useful! :wink:

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ :thinking: (Brainstorm time, run for cover)

What about a special new type of consumable that are stackable - but at a cost: withdrawal. :wink: Could make for some very interesting strategic decisions - with this type of consumable, you COULD stack whatever buffs, but you have an equal mandatory debuff time for each after it wears off (so for teaching, youā€™d take an exp hit like a death penalty afterwards, for example). Do you stack the benefits for an exo mining binge or hunt, with the understanding that youā€™re on the clock and youā€™ll be gathering or building after that, or just use the normal consumables? Of course, youā€™d have to have these only stack with each other (not other types of consumables, theyā€™d be overridden by it) and other consumables couldnā€™t offset the debuff.

Just would have to be careful exactly what you called these for ratings purposes I suppose, lol.

I dont think a downside is needed though, the cost of using all those buffs at the same time should be enough.

For some things I think it might be: like the speed + strength brew mentioned. Too OPā€™ed on an exo I thinkā€¦ but adding in a debuff period, then it becomes more fair and really quite interesting. Go nuts on the exo during the first hour hitting the best spots first (and either leave or accept you be real slow for the same time period after), or donā€™t be quite as OPā€™ed right off the bat, but stay longer at that same rateā€¦? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh, so only a debuff if you use same class items?
Str/speed

But no debuff if it is different class?
Armor, elemental, healing, energy?

1 Like

Great thoughts as usual from you. I dont see a balance issueā€¦i keep seeing people saying end game. And i keep seeing these suggestions that its a competition. Yes u didnt say that. But it gives that feeling. I dont see it at allā€¦its a personal adventureā€¦theres no one telling you, you must have this so u can be better than your neighbors. People take it on them selves to want to be better or feel they are missing outā€¦This game is a personal challenge. You can play for a hour everyday or play 10 hours. U can build little or alot ā€¦everyone gets the same at the startā€¦everyone has the same opportunity. The balance is already there.this game is there. But i do enjoying reading your veiws. Keep it up

1 Like

Yah I usualy go all the way to the deco block and the leftovers of every step go to a different pile and dont use them again.

Well, on these, way Iā€™m imagining it is the debuff would apply to every one you use after it wears off, but you could stack the same classes. So you wouldnā€™t want to use just one unless you were planning to stack - unless they were stronger than what is currently offered, of course. Which would make senseā€¦ make it a bit stronger than what you can have now, to make it a more tempting choice if you donā€™t plan to stack, otherwise nobody would use just one. But not having a debuff if not stacked with the same class would be another way to do it.

So I take a speed supplement (haha, letā€™s just call them that for now) and a strength one. I take the strength ten minutes after the speed. Strength is still going when the speed debuff kicks inā€¦ then the strength debuff kicks in as well. But for awhile Iā€™ve got both goingā€¦ but I know I must make the best use of that time. Cause Iā€™ll be half as slow and half as strong as normal afterwards. :wink:

I think a debuff might have a place for people with only a little time to play and they want to do an activity as efficiently as possible like mining with strength brew and speed brew at the same time.

But I think a debuff would have a negitive result when trying to stack multiple of the same type for fighting. meteors are very hard on t7 and I imagine they will be even harder on t8 when it comes. I think to over come this an option would be able to stack buffs of different levels with each other, and with no downside. This would be to encourage their useage (providing better economy to cooks and brewers, in turn giving better economy to gatherers and newbies for selling basics.)

1 Like

Yeah, the hunting might need more a buff than other stuff I admitā€¦ could make things very exciting still though with a group that used it, making for a very powerful group starting out, but then mistiming the hunt and risking all going into WDā€™s during a tough wave on a T7ā€¦ whoopsā€¦ :sweat_smile: (ā€œHURRY UP!! Weā€™ve only got a minute left!! Cā€™mon, kill, kill, kill!!ā€)

2 Likes

Lol, I see your logic. But would be afraid a debuff would cause discouragement if applied to hunter oriented buffs

1 Like

Now these I can get behind. Perhaps a meteor can have special challenge modes. For example;

• Enemies give more/less drops, but have more/less health/dmg

• Enemies are tougher, but can drop 1 oortstone or shards.

• Mini-bosses that drop things like Ichor outside of T7 Exos.

• Rare Oort meteors that spawns an Oort Golem as a special boss. Drops ichor regardless of planet tier, and has increased Oort drops. Doesnā€™t drop fossils or ores.

1 Like

This actually used to exist and was removed near the end of early access. It was linked to the toolā€™s respective mastery skill. I believe that it had been removed due to the limited amount of skill points available to use.
If this were linked to character level and not skill points, it may have worked out a bit better.

However. I canā€™t say AoE gem/lucent tools are the main issue currently. With how many resources it takes it craft anything late/end game-tier, AoE tools still seem like a necessity to me.

1 Like

Sorry for the wall, but to me one post to reply to many is easier than many posts for each one.

Coming from playing wow classic recently I disagree that this is an outright bad thing. Certain things feel bad to grind at a point, because they donā€™t feel like they add value to what you are doing anymore (like deforestation for sap, to make glue, to make marble). I could buy this sap, that is an option, and Iā€™ve tried to a certain degree (with bones), a pass the grind so to speak. I might be doing that again soon with Sap because whacking a trees for the 5 hours I need to just probably wonā€™t happen between now and December lol.

I can agree that the superman tools we can make are basicly just to look coolā€¦ but man do I want to get them just to feel that devastation they can be capable of :sunglasses:

I am glad they didnā€™t keep this. while the power curve is nice, and teaches players mechanics, the ability and option to skip levels is amazing for a game with ā€œso much grindā€.

Level 8 worlds with titans will be here someday, and those lucent tools and weapons are going to be the go to I feel for such places.

Well put. I agree with you on this one. The grind encourages diversity in roles and play-styles (which we all already have different things we enjoy doing and things we donā€™t, and even things we feel are acceptable to achieve X for ourselves or others). In my earlier example about sap, I outlined this scenario in a personal way, there are of course more than one way to achieve similar results.

2 Likes