Game Crashes at Launch

Hi there, I’m using a MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB) and a friend of mine is using a Macbook 2017 (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB) and we both can’t run the game, as it crashes in the loading screen sa soon as we start it from Steam. Any help?

I am also having this same issue Macbook 2017 (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536MB). I just bought this game.

The crash on macs with intel gpus is a known issue still under investigation.

Note, that the issue is due to a bug in Apples Intel graphics drivers, and not the game code. In compiling one of our shaders (unknown yet which one), the apple driver crashes in its internal shader compiler.

2 Likes

So in the meantime I’m just out of luck?

In the meantime, assuming they dont release an update fixing their bug, then without another machine to run the game on, you are out of luck unfortunately until we can find a workaround.

Thanks for the info and being on top of it. That’s really cool.

Hate to be negative but don’t hold your breath, Iv been having this issue since last December, there have been loads of osx updates since then and nothing has changed so I doubt the issue is even on apples radar. The game does run fine if you bootcamp your MacBook Pro though.

Devs I would suggest you take a look at “minimum requirements” on the steam page because they are not accurate, Iv seen plenty of people buy this game since I started based on the fact that it says itll run on their macbooks with Intel graphics but it wont, and claiming its an apple issue wont change the fact that the game is currently being advertised to run on comps that cant handle it.

1 Like

I had no clue that it had been an issue this long. It’s seems quite unfair to those who purchase it on Steam expecting to get a working game if it’s been an issue for almost a year. Thankfully Steam has a solid refund program. I still plan on playing this game, just on a platform that actually works.

1 Like