Game crashes while opening world control

Does anyone have this issue?
I open-world control and it shows the weird text, then it freezes and crashes
I’m able to open other world controls on my other planets, just THE FUTURE seems to be having the issue

reinstalled boundless image
re-verified files image
replaced world control image
send in crash report image

2 Likes

My friend, I am digging your beacon names :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

try to pronounce those bad booooys! :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks like you left your keyboard unattended and a kitty did the beacon naming. :joy_cat:

5 Likes

LOOOOL! I just wish I had a kitty that does that for meeeeeee :cry: :frowning:

ps, those should be player names.

3 Likes

Did you?

Clear cookies
Clear cache
Unplug your brain for 30 seconds and reboot
KICK IT!!

Also @james I think @HOST game ate some shrooms…:joy:

2 Likes

The world has been hacked you must pay the ransom or it will be deleted in 5 days…

This of course is a joke…I think…

2 Likes

It’s just The Matrix seeping through. Nothing to see here. Move along.

2 Likes

Can you confirm if you’re running any modified game files?

1 Like

I smell hax lol

3 Likes

@james i’m not running any modified game files, last week i was able to check the world control i also reinstalled boundless, and re-verified the steam files that would also replace the modified game files in the first place

1 Like

i use my other PC for that, what xD

it seems to be THE FUTURE

LOL yes :rofl: I even unplugged brain for 1 hour :eyes: :rofl:

2 Likes

This is only on THE FUTURE? I bet that is the most popular Sovereign world to date for various reasons. That world likely has a significantly higher number of visitors then any other planet. Looks like there is a hard limit to the size of the World Control WS packet and it is causing corruption/display issues in the game. As more colors are unlocked for Sovereign worlds and more people visit your sovereign world, the World Control open packet only gets bigger and bigger.

Basically, you have had too many unique visitors to your Sovereign and now you broke the World Control. Haha.

For anyone really curious, I am pretty sure this is the issue. The World Control WS Packet returns a list of all users that have visited your world so you can assign permissions to them. The number of users that are return are indicated by 2 bytes (0-255). So my guess is that THE FUTURE has had more then 255 unique visitors and it is causing some kind of corruption of this packet. Either the number is being truncated to 2 bytes causing it to not decode the packet right (it starts colors when there are still players to decode) or it is overflowing the 2 bytes causing the whole process to get messed up.

If I am right, there is nothing that can be done without minimally a server update to only return the most recent 255 users and optionally a client+server client update to adjust the World Control packet to allow more then 255 users.

(image thanks to @willcrutchley, he was the one who finally pinned down the rest of the packet structure).

7 Likes

@Angellus you could be right, also the problem seems to have solved itself :man_shrugging:
for now… i will keep an eye on it daily to see if it comes back, it was pretty annoying for the last few days
it shows a little over 3k
and yes it was only on THE FUTURE

1 Like

U can’t unplug something that’s already un plugged. Or isn’t there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

nice enjoy

One less living thing in the universe

u know i’m the future right…