Game Won't Launch

Someone else had something like this recently.

1. Make sure Steam is up to date (or try switching to the Steam Beta).

2. Try signing out and back into Steam.

3. Make sure you have all the Windows updates installed.

4. Please confirm the version of the .Net common runtime you have installed.

Their thread is here:

1 Like

Ok so I looked around and I saw that someone tried launching the game on a different computer and then going back and launching it on their own, and that worked out for me. So the issue has been resolved thanks for trying to help me solve the issue and responding quickly though! :smiley:

2 Likes

Glad you got the game working, but can you confirm exactly what you did:

1. Game failed to start on your computer (A).
  2. You switched to another computer (B), opened Steam, installed Boundless, started Boundless, it worked!
  3. You switched back to computer (A) and is just started working again?

Can you confirm if you needed to sign into Boundless on your original computer after getting it to work on the other computer?

So I’m guessing you bypassed the whole .NET framework issue on computer A by logging on on computer B? Basically James’s question :joy:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did, and no I didn’t need to sign in on computer (A) after getting it to work on the other computer, the game just launched and I was in. Sorry for taking so long to reply, kind of got immersed into the game after I got it working, it’s great so far!

4 Likes

Just bought the Wayfarer pack and i cant play the game… after launching steam says its running for a couple of seconds and then nothing…
i followed all steps found everywhere and installed all dependencies which all was installed already and also nothing.
and unfortunately i dont have second pc to try…

including disabling your AV ?

yep disabled all the time

Can you report what is installed into the Boundless folder?