Gamepad (share your thoughts our presets if you used one ingame yet)

hi i got a generic ps3 gamepad and tryd it out
i had to put mouse speed on 1/10 and it seemed still to fast for me
i kept overshooting things i wanted to click
also does anybody got presets for PS3 controller (our generic controller)
the more ya got the better
i did not find it usable for moment testing it
due to overshooting on low speed and the control sceme it had
also the remapping was superunhandy
when i selected to map down on gamepad it scrollled down the menu in control presetting?

1 Like

@dave is improving the controller as we speak/type.

9 Likes

let me show you the ultimate gaming rig for boundless

let me know when the work is done then i test it for ya :slight_smile:

that keyboard touchpad is tiny btw and slim
battery life is long and it would not suprise me that the mouse buttons
can be replace with scrap laptop parts :smile:

4 Likes

Your wrong Moebius. Itā€™s a beer in hand with gems showering down around you like rain.

Best setupā€¦ EVER!!!

2 Likes

I use the Xbox one controller and it worked perfectly

1 Like

Xbox? whats that :grin:

I tried the Xbox 360/ PS4/ Xbox One and Steam Link Controller so far and this is my humble oppinion:

I tested everything with the Default Configs to see how the Devs want it to be and how Newbs will mostly use it. :stuck_out_tongue:

First things First:
The Overall ā€œBoundless with Controllerā€ Experience is a little rough edged. While walking and so on Works perfectly fine (like in every FPS) the Weapon Wheel feels with most of the Controllers bad, cause you have to hit the Perfect Spot to get your Tools, and in the Heat of the Battle this will cost some Lifes (and maybe Controllers after that). But Managing Chests/ Inventory (what i expected to be even worse) is really well made.

To the specific Controllers as Input Device for Boundless:
While the Steam Controller is completely Garbage for this Game. Reaching for the abyx Buttons while Choosing Tools is just possible. you have to move your left hand to the Right side of the Controller to accomplish that, and that feels like Playing a Piano Concert. But Managing the Weapon Wheel with the Steam Controllers Touch Things in Mous Move Mode is just Superior to everything else (including Keyboard+Mouse).

Every of the Other Controllers i tested just worked fine (except the Points Mentioned above for the Overall feel). Here its just a Personal Gusto Thing which Controller works best for you, for me its the Xbox 360 Pad, cause the One Pad is too precise (It Overshoots like moebius Controller) and the PS4/PS3 Pads are too small for my Giant Bearclaws.

If im bored the next days i maybe try Wii Nunchucks and a Guitar Hero Guitar, maybe we have some Hidden Controller Gems left xD.

@the-moebius have you tried motionjoy with the generic controller? I used that a while ago for my Controllers because you can emulate the xboxdrv driver with that and xboxdrv Controllers work/worked best with Steam Games :wink:

1 Like

Gamepad works near perfect for me. Iā€™ve been using DS4 both revisions, over bluetooth, with DS4Windows utility. The only thing that annoys me is combat. Itā€™s near impossible to handle the creatures after the big update. Some kind of auto targeting is needed, otherwise works awesome.

1 Like

I agree with most of the verdicts here. I have (and thoroughly use) a trusty 360 controller for every game on my PC and I find it more than adequate.

I donā€™t have huge hands (but theyā€™re not small either) and I have arthritis developing in my hands that can make gaming a nightmare at times, however that controller fits comfortably and I donā€™t have to worry about repetitive strain on my finger joints whilst mining or chopping (unlike using a mouse & keyboard, staying in the same position then getting ā€˜frozenā€™ joints and pain).

Iā€™m as of yet to use any of my Bluetooth controllers I use for my tablet or Pi. But if I did it would have to be my 8BITDO FC30 PRO gamepad. Curious if anyone has tried that one yet?:thinking:

2 Likes

I use steam controller
Iā€™m not any console gamer at all but some years back I got steam controller and itā€™s amazing what you can do with it. Iā€™ve eaven lead hunts with just the steam controller. I wanted to post my settings with a video explain it. Itā€™s hard to understand setting in the steam settings but when you know how itā€™s almost as good as keyboard and mouse. but I havenā€™t gotten around to it. If there is more interested in it I might make it public.
Try use the PS controller thru steam big picture then you can rebind everything.

1 Like

Yeah, I got a bit of RSI now and than so gamepad works miracles :slight_smile:

2 Likes