Gatherer Epic Buff

Having 8/8 luck seems to make Gatherer Epic feel kind of meh (other than for getting decorations) is it possible if you can give Gatherer Epic a buff that makes boulders, plants, etc… (the stuff you loot for crafting) light up in-game and/or display on your minimap as icons?

2 Likes

Curious, luck works only for blocks, not for plants and boulders. And actually I have easier time mining rubies than gathering plants for teaching food. And I did have even harder time without gathering epic. Funny thing is I consider gathering epic more important than luck for aforementioned reasons.

Edit: right, I forgot to mention, luck also works on creatures.

1 Like

Source? I feel like luck does work on them.

1 Like

the game,says luck increases drops for creatures and blocks which is why im guessing we have a seperate one for plants/boulders etc.

1 Like

The game also tells ya what to use bombs for but doesn’t tell you they can be used for mining :stuck_out_tongue:

Can a dev confirm if luck affects plants like desert sword?

Ive noticed big increase in drops from plants since i went from 0 to 8 luck (and no epic)

1 Like

Strange. I think I will do few experiments when i will be able to play.

Luck definitely increase drop from plants.

My 20+ lvl hunter with no luck when hops from meteor to meteor, or just exploring to get atlases full always has an axe in hand, to gather all those fungi and desert swords and other plants that dare to stand in its way. The drop from them is… meh, I once tried with him to gather tons of sap. Oh boy, I had wood I really didn’t know what to do with for few days (turned into spark).

My main character, the one that mines etc. is lvl 56. Boy, what he hits with his axe almost burs in loot. Way, way, way more loot from plants with luck 8/8 + 5/5 attribute bonus, than with luck 0/8. And he even don’t have the gathering epic.

1 Like

One thing I noticed yesterday is that luck only works if you hit the plant or rock directly.
If you mine the block below it, it pops the plant/boulder but luck gets ignored.

I tried this yesterday in order to trigger terrain and thous resources regeneration.

+1 for luck affecting plant boulder and mushroom drops. gatherer gets 2 leaves most of the time. my crafter only gets one leaf each time. in my experience luck affects drop rates for plenty of things. I’ve only gotten one drop for silver and gold though so maybe the drop rates are really low for two of them.

thats odd as i just gathered 50 desert swords and never got more then 1 leaf with 8/8 luck,im getting less then when i had gatherer epic which always gave 2 leafs each.

Tier of the planet also counts. The higher, the more you can get. On T5 you won’t get more than 2 gems per seam. On T6 you can get 3 gems per seam, and with 8 luck it’s common, but that’s just an example.

oh i know for metals and gems i would see a difference,was mostly about luck effecting boulders/plants etc

Gather epic is 100% broken. No one can convince me otherwise. It’s not the only skill that is bugged. Grapple increasing fist dmg as it says in the tooltip does not work either.

Back to the gathering epic however, I’ve done tests with 8/8 luck and epic gathering. Epic gathering and 0 luck yields absolutely nothing past the base percent. Spec out of epic gathering and put 8/8 points in to luck and watch not only rarer drops coming off the plants/boulders but multiples in drop as well. I went from gathering 1 leaf to 4-6 items of flint/opal or fibrous/ink leaf/yam.

If anyone spends a few hours doing this and plugging your logs in to a spreadsheet you’ll see the proof is in the pudding.

The gathering epic skill is bugged just like the grapple skill for fist dmg boost is bugged. 100% not worth using until it’s addressed.

They’ve got a lot to work on still though so I’m not overly concerned about it but it definitely needs to get addressed.

1 Like

Try it again. I just tested it on lambis using a fist and targeting the clay under the flowers and got 2leaf 2 yam 1plant

I’m sorry I meant MY gatherer, not the gatherer epic. My gatherer gets 2 leaves per plant with max luck and no epic, and when I tested the gatherer epic it didn’t give me any more than that. I get 1 leaf from time to time but mostly 2 leaves.

Well I tried it on a few plants and boulders, but I’ll setup a small test tonight:
10 plants and 10 boulders direct hit, and 10 plants and 10 boulder indirect. I’ll post my results.

Mining the block below a surface resource does seem to negate any attribute bonuses in my experience, have confirmed for myself. Harvest the items directly then fist a chunk of ground to destruction to trigger regen

It’s not gathering resource, resource breaking is the byproduct of breaking block, and no bonuses are applied. Bonuses are applied when you directly hit resource. Confirmed by dev, and it’s not considered a bug, why would it? Don’t have link, because it’s hard to find one on the phone.

I agree with the principle, and yes its not a bug. Just saying so that responsible gatherers know to break the resources they want then destroy a block to make sure regen kicks in.

Edit: actually, chopping down a leaf block would also trigger regen, give you a few random starberries (to come sell to my burger on ultima of course) and on your way home you can switch from chopping leaves to placing leaves (also triggers regen, doesn’t fill up your storage with tons of leaves!)