Gem tools state

Are you gonna do something about gem tools? Theres no real reason to do anything except diamond ones cause they hit hard and that what matters.
Its pretty stupid to have 5 different gem tools when theres no real reasob behind those. Maybe have some effect on them?

Have you seen any other forged version of gemtools than diamond? No cause theres no real reason to do so.

I would suggest you give back our aoe gem tools. That way they have real meaning. And with forge you can just improve the aoe if so.

4 Likes

I love my Topaz Hammers.

1 Like

You love anything shiny lol

1 Like

I always go for Topaz Hammers because I love the high base speed and rolling damage with the forge is likely.

4 Likes

I love amethyst hammers. Incredibly fast even without swing speed. Invest 8 points in swing speed, oh boy. Forge it to make it even faster OHHHH BOYYYY

3 Likes

Ok so its clear that there is faster hammers than others but it does not rly mean that this diversite wouldnt be an issues cause it is.

1 Like

Each of the gem sets are not created equal but nor are they out of balance. Most people stat for high swing speed and thus a Heavy Hammer is pretty effective but what about farming lower level worlds where that power is now overkill? Now we switch to a swift Gem Tool that will chop/break blocks way faster without the need for extreme power and thus allows us to farm at nearly twice the speed.

I don’t fully know how expansive the elemental system will get but each tool acts as a different element and I can personally imagine a half dozen ways those will make events, bosses and instances a fun but pleasant challenge while allowing diversity.

Finally with the forge every weapon will grow differently finding unique max stats and gaining benefits another tool could not reach. Forge a swift weapons stronger or stat a heavy tool faster. Choice is yours.

1 Like

Perhaps instead of buffing the faster tools (armor makes them objectively worse on high tier planets) - maybe give them some measure of armor penetration? That would make up for the difference for sure :smiley:

1 Like

Would be cool to me if emerald tools dealt poison DoT effect on melee… or if perhaps one of the tools healed friendly players on hit?

1 Like

Do the hammers not have special mining patterns like the amethyst “tunneler” (1×2)? Seen it in a Javiita video about hammers…

That video is now obsolete as of a few patches ago when the centraforge was added to the beta.

1 Like

Damn. Does the centraforge still allow you to use those perks that the gem hammers had or no?

Yes it does! You can now put those perks on any tool of the appropriate type. An iron hammer can have the old amethyst tunneling perk.

Awesome, thanks havok, you da man!

1 Like