Getting errors that require the game to be reinstalled

I’m on PS4 and I have to delete and reinstall Boundless for it to work again.

Example images attached.

Note: It’s always a different texture that shows each time it breaks.

Hmmm… Now even reinstalling isn’t working.

I’ll try again.

OK working again.

I’ve not seen that pattern of errors before and I can’t think of any reason why you could get errors in that pattern, other than an impending hard disk failure. Happy to try and diagnose further if you get any other strange behavior showing up but I would advise considering backing up any data if you have anything on your ps4 not already backed up via cloud saves etc (just in case)

I’ve never had this issue and I’ve been playing since launch.

Agree with Blake, make sure you back up all your savegames!

Should also try rebuilding the database of the PS4. Turn console completely off. Turn back on by holding the power button on the PS4 till it beeps. And it’ll prompt you with options after that. Oh and you’ll have to have your PS4 controller plugged into the PS4

Note: anyone reading this with a PS4 this is something good to do at least once a month. Gets rid of junk data that’s accumulated.

Thanks everyone. It’s a relatively new (3 months) SSD so hopefully it’s not about to pack it in :slight_smile:

Everything is backed up. I rebuild the database every month or so, but just did it again now.

The only out-of-the-ordinary thing with my setup, is that my network was suffering from a bucketload of dropouts over the last week, and the error coincided with me quitting after a network dropout and relaunching a few minutes to an hour later.

Anyway, I’ll let you know if it happens again. Just thought I should mention it since it’s the third time the same thing happened.

Again, thanks.

Cheers

Did you put the ssd in yourself? I was contemplating the idea myself for my ps4

I’ve had this error a few times. Usually restarting my ps4 fixes it, no reinstall needed

Edit: i’m also on ps4 pro with an SSD

1 Like

Yeah I installed it myself on the PS4 Pro - makes a noticeable difference.

Be sure to get one with high sustained throughput like Samsung 860 Pro or you won’t get a noticeable speed advantage over a standard HD.

Thanks @Venom I’ll try that next time.

Much appreciated.

For anyone who wants to try an SSD without the hassle of opening up the PS4 (not that it’s hard) I found Samsung’s T5 series of external SSDs gave very good performance.

2 Likes