Getting into farming for brews and pies what are the staple crops necessary

Please help me I am just starting to get into farming what are the biggest crops I will need for all of the pies and brews specifically teaching, and persistence pie and for the brews mega strength and mega speed pls and thank you

Ps I am trying to almost completely be able to know how to do most things in this game
P.s.s by all brews and pies I mean the most general ingredients used for most of them

1 Like

If you want to make everything, plant everything.

If you want to make the most popular bits, use the knowledge tab to check out the recipes and write down the crops needed for the ones you want to make.

For the pies I make, I mostly plant wheat and I use regen farms or buy starberries.

1 Like

Well for now I wanna focus on the most important

Which brews and pies are most important to you?

1 Like

Oats and wheat will get you the butter and bags of flour taken care of.

1 Like

Thank you and I mentioned the specific ones up :arrow_up: in my first post

Whoops, missed that.

If this is your goal, I am going to teach you how to find the information you are looking for rather than trying to teach you each recipe.

You can use the knowledge tab, the hotkey is K on PC, to search for recipes. If you aren’t in-game, you can use Crafting | Boundless Crafting to search.

You can click through the different ingredients to track it back to the crop or drop that you want. For example, the beans in the teaching pies are not farmable, but the knowledge tab will tell you the types of worlds and which plants to get them from. If you have trouble finding that, let me know and I can get screenshots.

Generally, wheat is the most important. I use milk sacs, so I don’t need the oats for milk & butter, but that will depend on how much you hunt.

I don’t do brews, myself, but you can use knowledge to track down what’s needed for that.

3 Likes

you can make butter from oats?

1 Like

You can use oats and water buckets to make milk and from there the game treats it the same as gland milk.

I guess it’s some really fatty oats!

1 Like

Cool thanks for the tips

It’s lactose free :laughing:

1 Like