Glacier and Ice variants

The lack of variance for ice and glacier stones makes me saaaad. I started building a castle purely from glacier and ice but it was so boring I wanted to add different styles to it. I’ve had to go with decorative rock etc because there are no decorative glacier or ice blocks. Does anyone else think it odd that we have all these rock variants to choose from, but no glacier and ice? I have put it on the Trello board. One thing I have noticed though, next to glacier, the decorative rocks appear silver and gold, so that’s kinda cool.

2 Likes

have alot of ice stacks you can have if you want them

1 Like

You can make very cool lighting effect with ice, so its not all that boring. :slight_smile:

I have tonnes, but thank you. I’ve been hollowing out a mountain made from ice so you can imagine how much of the stuff I have! lol

Pretty much what I’ve been doing. Probably going to change a lot of it as I go - right now it looks like a mutli-colored firefly threw up.

1 Like

While I do agree, more variety is always better… I just adapt to my surroundings and work with what we are given.
I did a build right in a mountain of ice and of course everything was ice except for the floor where I used glacier because screw slipping around all the time :stuck_out_tongue:
In tight hallways straight walls are fine but in bigger areas all ice can get boring real quick.
Chisels.
Chiseling walls makes a world of difference in making boring things look interesting, even if the entire wall is the same kind of block. also as @knightsb said lighting can help a lot too. I used colourful lights in my ice build as well, you can see it in my profile pic actually hehe.

3 Likes

Just got my final chisel mastery yesterday. Daughters were in tears laughing at me as I tried to figure out what each chisel could do. Apparantely I’m a terrible architect. Humpf

2 Likes

you’ll get it with practice!
:+1:

3 Likes

this probably wont help much… but ice from Vulpto is a slightly pinkish color… but yeah more version / uses for ice/glacier would be awesome!

… ooo polished ice w/o the snow on top =P

5 Likes

It is? That’s super helpful, thank you! I’ll head there and get some. And polished ice - all the yes!

1 Like

Omg, That would be awesome to have in-game, there could maybe even be carved ice, that looks like it has symbols or something on it. maybe carved ice could have lines that look like the glowing lines effect from the Disney Atlantis film.

6 Likes

I love building with ice, so I would be interested in polished ice and subtle variations in color too. A purple tinted ice would be nice, though I guess we could tinted it with colored lights too.

3 Likes

Just go build on Andoweem, you will get purple tinted ice :). And it look gorgeous. Ask anyone who has seen my home in Andooweem, or better still just search in the forums for Tjentzu.

3 Likes