Glass without visible edges

You can see through the glass if you’re underneath looking up but if you’re looking through the side like an aquarium then all you see is the flowing water effect.

Ah, i got ya. Welp there goes my underwear build idea.

Is it possible to change the tbe opacity /transparency of gleam? It would be awesome to make some stained glass creations.

Yes the game can manage semi opacity. But devs say it consume lot of ressources.
Here is an official very detailed answer about it.

I didn’t try (yet) to force semi transparency into opaque blocks.
my focus right now is to play with waterfall, because it’s a good half-working example.

I don’t know wich stance I should take about modding. The game right now is pretty open and push people like me to play a lot with the assets. Will try to make soft things first. Like gifts blocks for christmas with some candy cane gleam…rainbow garlands sparks conduits?

Thanks for the reply, I have a better understanding now. And I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I tried tinkering a bit with textures last night but I am pretty new to them so I’ll need to read up more before I try again.

I’ve tried my best to make x-ray a thing, making the textures transparent, but the game doesn’t render blocks behind other blocks (unless those blocks are considered see-through like glass).
Since I couldn’t find a way to get the game to render stuff behind rocks, all i saw was the sky :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems like a lot of hassle basically, but would in theory be possible if you could get the game to treat rocks like glass or something.

1 Like

I tried making all rocks glass, which was really trippy looking, but it wouldn’t render as transparent, just solid white. I found a reference in a JSON file to a default white png as one of the textures they might load, maybe if another didn’t work right (just guessing though) but nulling that didn’t do anything and removing it gave me an error when loading the game.

Of course this is getting into dangerous territory, I was just curious what I could do and see how the textures work. I’m stuck between wanting to experiment more with the files and just play the game haha.

1 Like

It /is/ a lot of hassle, but you KNOW someone will end up figuring it out if it’s possible. :wink: I just think there should be some safeguards in case that were to happen.

My point sorta was that it’s already pretty safeguarded. Just making the texture transparent doesn’t work

1 Like