Gleam Club issue with signs

So, this has been happening for a little while now, pretty certain it started when I renewed my GC membership.

So, if I go up to a sign and change the text to include any colours, or add any emoji and then confirm it, the little preview box will show it correctly but when I apply it to the sign it all gets wiped out. No colours, no emoji.

If I then edit the sign again, it will work as expected.

This also happens if I edit a sign that already has colours/emoji. They get wiped out and then it works after I edit it again.

I’m on PS4

3 Likes

Same thing happens on PC, seems like the first time you interact with a sigh on a plot it doesnt register the color. 2nd time is the charm

1 Like

That happens to me when editing signs that have locks

Do you have any screenshots and / or a video to illustrate this in more detail?

@vdragon, here is it happening in picture form.

1. I have edited the text to the following:

2. You can see it has been applied in the preview window:

3. I then confirm the change and the colour has been removed:

4. I do steps 1-3 again:

It should be noted that I am not within a beacon that I own, but one I have sign-changing permissions in.

If I do the above from within my own beacon, or one I have full permissions in, then there is no problem.

This happens to me all the time.

All of the PS hubs have Gleam Club and I do as well. When I go to do a rename of a portal for someone I need to:

1. Delete all the text
  2. Confirm
  3. Click to edit the display text again
  4. Now put in the color/changes/update

This allows me to change the sign the first time and have it pop up with colors.

If I just go in and change the color/update the sign with emoji, it will not work.

1 Like

Happens to me all the time also.
Have to retype the emojis and color hexcode twice to make it works.

I’ve not been able to reproduce this so far, but it sounds like a few of you are hitting the same issue. Is there any other additional information that can be provided?

Judging by some of the posts here, it doesn’t appear to be platform-specific. When editing signs, is this from a fresh game boot, or just when interacting with signs in general?

Is this only happening when editing signs on settlements belonging to other players, or is it also occurring within your own areas?

For me is only with signs that belong to some one else.

It doesn’t tend to happen after the first, but the first sign we try to add color to it and click accept, it just re-enters it as if we did no color or emoji, then every sign after the first has no problem. Has happened for a long time, only a minor inconvenience. Not every time we play, random.

@vdragon

I made a video.

The first two signs I change are in my own beacon and work fine when I copy/paste and type.

Then I go to someone elses beacon and the first sign I change has this issue. Then all other signs after are fine. I even go into another beacon and try and it works fine.

So I would say the issue is…after logging in , the first sign you try to change in someone elses beacon that did already have text will default to black/white no emotes like you don’t have gleam club. Then after that signs seem to work fine?

Haha not sure if it gets more specific then that. Hope it helps! Since we don’t change signs a lot, it is usually like 1 a day or so…so it comes up a lot -_-

2 Likes

It happens also with sings that have locks each one does the same thing he first time you edit them.

Thanks for the replies. I still haven’t been able to get this to occur, but the video is proof enough that it’s occurring, so I’ve added it to the bug database.

Also @Tagris, you forgot to include the # symbol four minutes into the video, which was the reason why the text was not turning red on that particular sign.

1 Like

You are so sweet to tell me that :slight_smile: about the # sign. You are the best!

When I watched the video back i was able to fix it ~! :laughing:

1 Like

@vdragon I tried this on my portal sign in ULT I have permissions for ultima Guild and I couldn’t change the colour on the sign leading to my shop from the hub. Maybe you can test it on that one as it still doesn’t work.
(The sign is on the shopping portal side - next to the arch way leading from the planet portals to the shopping portals in ERESHO)
I was typing :#ccff00: in front of the sign name

Unlike most of the other players, are you unable to change the colour after a second attempt?

That’s correct, I tried multiple times then I went over to my personal beacon to double check it worked for me and it did so that one I mentioned above didn’t work after the 2nd attempt. Maybe you can see if you go there otherwise I’ll check tomorrow after work

Do you have a screenshot of this or coordinates of the location?

I’ll be home soon, I’ll message you privately soon

Getting this over last few days.
I can’t apply color and emojis - all cases I encountered were on wood sign modules.

Most current:

step 1 emoji - text box: working

step2 emoji - confirming: not showing on sign

step 1 color - text box: working

step 2 color - confirming: not showing on sign

Edit 1 I placed over 10 signs around my town. All the same wooden module type. All of them have colors and emojis working. Only the one on screenshot doesn’t (even after breaking and placing back several times).
I also tried to place that faulty sign more to the left and right and to the opposite side of the street - all of them don’t display colors and emojis. Is that bug connected to a certain area ? (plot, beacon or chunk?)

EDIT 2 After further tests it seems to be connected to beacon ownership. Colors and emojis only work in all my alt beacons. All faulty signs I placed over last half an hour were in different users beacons.

1 Like