Gleambow 3.0

I just want to give a special thanks to everyone who hosted hunts, who set up platforms, who helped new players and to the Dev team for making this event so much fun this time around!

This is by far the most successful Gleambow event [I think] to date, and it has made a LOT of people happy this time around. I know there were some who didn’t/don’t think so, but overall I think a large majority of folks were pleased, myself included.

This is just a small thank you thread. <3

32 Likes

Totally agree. I only got to play 3 or 4 days of it but the changes they’ve made have really helped me to feel like I didn’t miss out much. There was more oort, more gleambows, and more incentive to work with other players. It’s been really fun and I’m already looking forward to the next one.

11 Likes

I’ve only just visited the organised gleambow hunts for a few hours the past couple of days, not to spawn them, just to gather oort and cleanup some of the scraps left behind and I have to say it has been really good fun and actually more productive for me than chasing gleambows solo on the other planets. From what I’ve seen everyone has been cooperating and respecting each other. If I had realised it was so profitable just going after dormant and completed ones I would of attended from day one :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@Jaidic and @Fante and the rest of that group including those who hosted hunts like @Larky, @DJDancecraft, @JDGroat not to mention other hunt masters brought gleambow to a whole new level this time around , which would of never happened without the devs adding some goodies like gleampop and augments.

I’ve said it more than once and I’ll say it again this is the most fun I’ve had in boundless since I started day one. Not the most fun I’ve had in forums but entertaining none the less.

To HSE who I’m not a guild member because I refuse to join the empire ( I’ve seen Star Wars, empire = bad ) thank you for making this event special. I needed this and it meant more than you could understand.

To the devs, thank you for your hard work and your patience with the community as we tried to workout our differences.

12 Likes

It was fun.

I could have done without a bajillion threads on the forums about the drama. That got old really fast.

3 Likes

As I solo and only solo I’m one of the few that this was actually the worst for. But it happens. I’ll just patiently wait for the gleam I like to be on exos

8 Likes

I think a ton of credit should go to this very forum. This is how a forum is supposed to work. In the beginning people reported that they felt bullied and were called names. At first some of the hunters made excuses saying things like “well how would you feel if you spent 7k” etc. etc. But after a couple days on the forum and James making it clear that nobody owns any meteor we saw people find common ground.

I’d like to thank those who brought some of this bad behavior to light so the discussion could begin. And I would like to thank those who run the platforms for having the ability to change. Sometimes it is easy to be stubborn.

Yes, I know some of the name calling never stopped and that is unfortunate but I think the behavior the past two or three days was ninety five percent better than it was. Nobody can control everyone,

I’d also like to make one last plea. dispereo is a very nice person and dispereo’s base was below much of the action. Can dispereo please have his peace and quiet back?

Very good job to those on the forum. Thank you for participating, listening, and working together

5 Likes

The people who ran the platform, Jaidic and myself were never calling people names. Quite the opposite actually. If you ask around you’ll find out that after our meteors were stolen we gave them free augments to participate in the group. So I wouldn’t say the forums changed our behavior. But you have a solid argument that it did change the behavior for some people. For better or worse.

These forums became pretty toxic and basically vilified us especially for the planet that we chose to host the event. People used the argument that you can’t tell me what to do and then turning around and telling us what to do like move planets. Aside from building we’d have to launch a ton of meteors to even figure out where the directional portals should be so moving wasn’t really an option. In the future we plan on making our gleambow events private from now so the people who participate in our group will not be treated poorly and then have it justified here in the forums because it falls under the rules of the event.

3 Likes

That is good to know. Not really sure who was being rude and caling people names but I know it happened. I did see a screenshot of a chat posted that seemed over the line and referenced someone’s family member. And some excuses being made such as:

“Try putting yourself in our shoes for a second. We put together a group of people and pay coin to spawn the meteor and then you take it. Would you be upset? Yeah I’m pretty sure”

But in the end, people listened, came together and made it a very inclusive event. Many thanks for that!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not name calling though that’s just pleading for them to understand our side. Totally different. You can’t expect to treat people poorly and for them to like it.

That comment was made before any name calling was even made aware too

3 Likes

I agree. In my original post, I said there was some name-calling and others made excuses.

I think we are in agreement here

Mainly, but that comment you referenced isn’t making excuses for name calling. It’s just pointing out how we feel. If it said because you upset us that justifies any behavior that happens after it’s a different story.

1 Like

Fair enough.

@Fante what are the plans moving forward? I would like to see gaming life for dispereo get back to normal.

So, is this temporary?

Thanks for the conversation!

We plan on moving the event and making it private to avoid people trolling participants.

4 Likes

What should we do with our augments after the event is over?

Is a monthly gleambow summoning platform a possibility?

Save them, sell them, or go to a T3+ and use them :blush:

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I want to use them. But after seeing t6 meteors for solo, it would be painful to use them unless a similar platform is set up

1 Like

I’m sure groups will gather to use them :+1:

1 Like

If you want to participate in the event I would save them. I know a ton of people who are doing so. It may be a month or two before we host anything official however.

4 Likes

Okay, I’ll save them and wait to see if any events are hosted.