Gleambow Blocks - Buy, Sell, Trade. 12452 Blocks available

Hello everyone, after many man-hours The Golden Fist Guild has finally sorted and tallied our gleambow loots. We would like to trade 1-for-1 to get a certain few colors our guild members truly enjoy. We will stick to trading items of the same type e.g. rock for rock or foliage for foliage. All rock types are considered the same. Ditto for trunk and foliage. If you would like to trade, message me here or in the game. We have 2749 rock, 1907 trunk, 264 ash, 494 gravel, 254 sand, 2255 gleam, 110 mud, 501 tangle, 234 thorn, 511 growth, 298 mould, 398 sponge, and 2477 foliage.

Our gleambow inventory can be viewed here (and I will keep it up to date):

Anything with a white background is available for trade, and it has been determined that is gleambow only - not natural spawning. The second sheet shows which colors of which materials are gleambow only and which are natural. We created this sheet by starting from this popular resource spreadsheet and then checking if the material was listed: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14B2ojK73OJgfbiwKO1V-b7xomWsHdUovml1c4govP3c/edit#gid=0

You can also see the inventory in game by going to the Ultima Imdaari portal and then through a portal labeled “Guild Storage”.

Here is the list of colors we are looking for:

23 Strong Red
25 Hot Cherry
36 Deep Green
48 Dark Grey
50 Oxide Grey
56 Deep Slate
57 Deep Azure
65 Silk Lavender
66 Deep Lavender
91 Green
98 Vivid Orange
149 Stark Viridian
156 Stark Azure
168 Light Fuchsia
172 Bright Red
177 Luminous Azure
184 Cool Taupe
201 Luminous Turquoise
209 Vivid Cerulean
217 Vivid Mint
228 White
232 Stale Cerulean
235 Deep Blue
239 Strong Azure
240 Strong Slate
248 Shadow Blue
251 Night Lilac

Buying and Selling
I for the life of me can’t figure out a reasonable price for many blocks from this event. I think we can all agree that trading 1-for-1 and trades involving the same block type are fair. Still if you are looking for something and do not have blocks to trade, or if you don’t see blocks you want, buying or selling helps fill in the gap. So I am putting buy and sell prices below. They are negotiable and subject to change as we do our trading. I realize there are large deltas, but I will adjust prices to try and keep things essentially revenue neutral. I will tighten the buy and sell prices as I see better what reasonable prices are.

Rock: Buy: 175 Sell: 200
Trunk: Buy: 175 Sell: 200
Ash: Buy: 35 Sell: 70
Gravel: Buy: 75 Sell: 150
Sand: Buy: 35 Sell: 70
Gleam: Buy: 600 Sell: 800
Mud: Buy: 35 Sell: 70
Tangle: Buy: 75 Sell: 150
Thorn: Buy: 35 Sell: 70
Growth: Buy: 50 Sell: 150
Mould: Buy: 50 Sell: 150
Sponge: Buy: 50 Sell: 150
Foliage: Buy: 100 Sell: 175

1 Like

Your looking for white gleam? It’s natural though?

Hey Vanguard, we are not looking for any natural colors. I updated our sheet so that natural blocks are no longer highlighted.

Top of the mornin to ya, neighbor.

If you define trading 1 for 1 is fair, then shouldn’t the buy and sell prices also be the same or fairly close?
This looks more like it is priced for profit and not as you state below

I don’t really consider a 166% markup to be trying to keep things „neutral“

700% markup on some of the other items.

If you want to make a profit that is fine. I have no problems with that, but I feel it is a bit misleading to try to claim you are not trying to make a profit and then post prices that seem to be designed to make a profit.

Just because the offer is there does not mean someone will take it. Maybe in some case the buy price is right but the sell price is not. If someone took up that offer, I would shift my expectation of where the Fair Market Price is far to that side, and quickly close the price gap. Posting equal buy and sell prices would not be revenue neutral. I would be doing more buying than selling, revenue negative, or doing more selling than buying, revenue positive.

Let us suppose there is something called a “Fair Market Price”, and that if I put the buy and sell order at the Fair Market Price an equal number of people will accept the buy offer as accept the sell offer. That is I am not increasing or decreasing in revenue, simply getting more of the gleambow colors I want. Now face reality, that I do not know where this Fair Market Price is.

What would happen if the buy and sell prices were higher than this Fair Market Price? More people would sell me blocks than would buy them. I would be paying out coin and essentially be acting primarily as a buyer. In fact, this could even happen with a buy price far below the sell price, if the range does not contain the Fair Market Price. If this were happening I could gradually drop the price offers until I find a revenue neutral position, but it would mean I paid more for the blocks than I sold them for because of the cost of discovery. For instance if I set the initial price at 500 and the fair market price was 250, that means I was buying for twice what I could sell for, and would only be left with 50% as many blocks as I started with.

I know that buying and selling the same thing with different prices looks bad. I essentially put out “feeler” offers. The large differences represent my uncertainty as to what the fair market value is.

The alternative, that I mention above is to me unacceptable. Suppose I make bad initial price offerings and someone quickly takes me up for 1000s of blocks. Then I get burned, or I cancel the offer that I myself posted. In my view its better to use the method where I start with a window and will honor the offer I made regardless of quantity. In my view that is more honest.

Since there have not been many people taking up these offers, it makes me believe that the fair market price is not above or below the price windows, so I will tighten up the windows some.

1 Like

That is not what I expected that to mean.

For me personally, That is why I wouldn’t attempt to try to make or offer transactions without doing prior market research of the pricing to make sure I am not about to damage myself from the transactions. Trying to ascertain this Information via experimentation seems risky in my book, however lucky the values being put up for risk are small, but if you enjoy a more exciting way of finding this information out I guess it will work.

Unless you are a NPC or can kind of try to hide the fact. Yes it doses look a little bit bad. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit, it can feel bad to some people when you make it painfully obvious that your intent might be for resell, or low to no effort flipping. However I am sure there are a modest amount of people who don’t care.

If you have a better way to do it, then do it.

If this were true, I would have already made a tidy profit. Know how many people have accepted the buy/sell option so far? Zero. Have been doing some trading though. I’m not going to appease those who have a false view of how this works or decide to do nothing. Not a chance. What we need to facilitate buying/selling is a market so that people feel comfortable trading. A market is simply a list of buy and sell offers. Maybe those offers are sorted in some way to make them easier to view. I did what I could to contribute to market formation without exposing myself too much. Hate if you want, but I’ve got my hate blockers on.

To come up with prices, I used what offers I had seen before which mainly consisted of someone selling anything they had, and someone else buying specific colors of gleam. I created prices and have offers outstanding to buy and sell a very large range of gleambow blocks. Anyone who wants to buy or sell can select one of these offers outstanding, or they can make a new offer. Putting forth these offers is a choice people can make, nothing more and nothing less. Take it or leave it.

I am going to concede from this conversation as I feel there may be moderate misinterpretations happening.

Goodnight.