⚠ Gleambow Event info, when they can be spawned, Official Rules, Official Terms of Service

It is not PvP, it is PvE. Straight up, it’s you vs the meteor.

Get to meteor, smash meteor, move to the next. There is no “other players” in this equation. If you get to the meteor, and it is completed, then that just means someone PvE’d the meteor before you. No prob, there’s always more, go try and kill the next meteor.

If you try and impede other player’s movement, either by plotting a plot, building a wall around them… or by throwing bombs at them… or somehow killing them… or even slowing them down by any means… you are not only breaking ToS, but also you are focused on the wrong thing. get to the meteor… kill the meteor… PvE… you vs meteor.

You can say “People are calling it PvP”… but they are flat out wrong. just incorrect as it is PvE.

11 Likes

Wow, now I am happy I am going to miss all but the first and last days of this event.

1 Like

And this is why we love the event. At least to me. This event brings together what I like most about the game: its mobility and speed. Go with the claws, with extreme speed, kill myself for going too fast, jump to the precipice and throw my claws to not die, climb, etc. With the new ice creams that turn water into ice and the candy that protects you from dying from blows and falls for a minimum time so as not to let you relax and be able to die again if you neglect, the event rises to a degree of enormous fun .

Hopefully it’s permanent :grin:

2 Likes

Well, thanks for clarifying others rules.

This isn’t good.

I’m gonna wade into the discussion for a sec then run far away.

The scarcity issue in boundless is absurd. I’m all for a little scarcity, but this is crazy @james. Please, give people more ways to get this stuff they want so desperately, so they don’t have to fight over it. It’s just a game.

Ok I’m gonna go hide now, later y’all, peace and love

5 Likes

More drops in more ways would be great, but there’s not really anything the devs can do to force people to be better humans.

If they want to act ugly towards other people, they will always find a way/reason to do so. :woman_shrugging:

Life’s so much easier & relaxed when you just chill and go with the flow :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

The problem is always interaction between people which is why I don’t understand why people want more crowded planets if with this “small” community there is a lot of conflict every now and then

All I’ll say on the matter is that I’m happy to have decided to go play some other games for a while during this gleambow event. Looks like I avoided some next-level sh!tstorm. XD
Haven’t read a lot of the drama, but I think I got the gest of it.

From what I’m reading, there are issues. Specifically, the devs made a game-design mistake by adding something that was an invitation to trolling and drama, and they aren’t really owning it, instead telling us “deal with it”. Maybe next time they’ll spend a few months on adding a new algorythm to detect the players who aren’t playing fair during the gleambow events? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think the devs properly anticipated the effect of the new augment feature on the gleambow event.
Thing is, that augment allowing you to summon a gleambow meteorite feels somewhat similar to my ‘meteorite tractor beam’ suggestion. The problem lies in the fact that the real treasure of a gleambow meteorite are the blocks composing the meteorite itself.

So I do hope they will add augments to summon regular meteorite which aren’t wanted for the warp blocks but for the treasure boxes inside of them. The gleambow issue wouldn’t be present there.

2 Likes

This isn’t a fair statement. I’m sure the developers are doing everything they can to make the game a safe environment. It’s not like they are a team of 100 employees. Everyone needs to step back and give them some breathing room.

5 Likes

Rain gleam fragments!

1 Like

I agree. And they provided us with a new way to get more Gleambows this go-round, as well as new consumables, and adjusted the timers.

3 Likes

I hope we get regular meteors spawners :crazy_face:. I’d much rather them work on updates then having to put more effort into griefers.

I’m wondering how many people who are commenting have actually been to this platform and seen what’s happening with their own eyes. I know for a fact that some have been inconsiderate which can apply on both sides but I also know for a fact some are straight out lying about their interactions with people and playing the victim just to create drama. Another thing is people are straight out assuming tone while reading messages they are getting. When someone writes in chat “you stole my meteor” it can be interpreted many ways if you take tone in consideration.

Too many people are taking sides and have nothing to due with what is actually happening but they want to put their 2 cents and take what they have read on forums as actual proof of what’s happening. Do you believe everything you read?

No. I believe what I see when I use an alt to go check things out myself and record it. As I stated in the other thread, things seemed to have simmered down a bit in the past 48 hours or so.

There’s no problem with any specific group or platform tmk.

2 Likes

Seeing is believing and I’m happy you took the time to check it out yourself.

2 Likes

Full disclosure, I can’t pretend I wouldn’t have made their mistake had I been in their place.
But IMO, it still was a mistake, and until the next Gleambow event hits, I do hope they will find a proper solution to avoid this whole mess from happening again, instead of acting like all of the drama happening during the current event is fair game :

No one owns a gleambow - independently of how it was spawned.

Maybe gleambow meteorites should actually also have a treasure box inside like regular meteorite to reward every player reaching the meteorite, and not just the closest/fastest player. Personally, that would make me want to run some gleambow meteorites. I just don’t feel like I’ll ever be able to compete with the veteran players as it stands now, so I’m not even trying.

oh, if you head to the “less popular” planets where GleamBows spawn (Xa Frant, Boori) and just run around, they will literally fall on your head, without any other players anywhere near. There is almost no “racing” involved. (BUT if you want some colory blocks, maybe bring a speed potion to give you some extra time to break it with yur gleambow totem)

4 Likes

I kind of agree with this, I got my 70 year old mother playing and i think she’d love the event but i know there’s no way she’ll be fast enough to get to them in time. A box inside would allow her to at least somewhat participate.

Veteran players are not special… everyone has access to same gadgets as others to compete.

Example 1 … me.
Im using diamond nonforged grapple and sometimes titanium nonforged grapple.
And brews that i get from boxes.

I mean im sure there is Alot people who use max range max max max forged grapples for this event i just dont see the need for it… and still here i am collecting stuff like others… winning the races against people who has max forged stuff.
Still there is people who just use max forged stuff an d nnow how to actually grapple… i got no chance against them.

1 Like

The previous gleambow race, I was going around with my diamond forged grapples, and I was thoroughly out-classed by others with better gear and just better mastery of the game. Basically spent 2-3 hours racing with them and ended-up with 6 colored mud, the only meteorite I managed to get first.
My feeling at that point was
“I’m done with this cr@p, I’m going home and I’m never going out ever again.”

Unless you wanna have some kind of block-color-museum, winning one gleambow meteorite is pointless, too. You gotta win several for that to be interesting. So a treasure-box could allow the devs to put more blocks inside and make it more worth-while.

1 Like