Gleambow Event on Galan

It actually is I’m literally single handily making the timers impossible.

2 Likes

Well, ye but its not your fault the system works like that… also ye ik i got my timers on Shedu so low i couldnt beat them myself… xD

I see. Pretty much everything I play has similar systems :+1:t3:
One game even lets you block the lower drops, that higher players have no use for - so they don’t gunk up your inventory lol

2 Likes

It sometimes will even suck for me. I can forget chaining multiple and expect to get more than one

@ulfric those stats are pretty impressive from where I’m at.

I’m not tracking but in short sessions I know i’m making less than 50% overall since the timers shortened again.

2 Likes

Well lets say i trained a bit in other games :stuck_out_tongue:

Im Diamond 2 in league (top 2% of player base)
I was Apex predator in Apex Legends (played Pathfinder the most (guy with a hook/grapple) (highest tier)
And i was LEM in CSGO 2 yrs ago (Legendary Eagle Master division thats third place on ranking system top 5% aprox)

So im more than up to the challenge but why would i do it harder if im not rewarded enough…

1 Like

Well I listen to you guys and I’m amazed. I was watching some streams/vids the other day and some people have a real knack for getting around here. I don’t have those skills, or in some cases luck, or whatever. I usually do well in this game by persistence and time.

Just went to serp for a first run of the day, got three to spawn. one timed out in sight, one was too far and a spitter killed me at the third.

I’m heade for level 3 again but not sure if I will find any planet with >45sec timers atm.

Some snaps from last night -

8 chases, 3 success. Ont hat last one i straight fell in a hole.

Yesterday I went out with wakenbake and had a great session, but honestly he got most of them and left me some blocks :joy:

Couple more highlights since the timers dropped:

This is just what it looks like for me over the last three days. I’m not having long solo sessions anymore because I get frustrated and have to walk away.

I’m totally happy for you guys that are having a blast, don’t get me wrong. But i wonder how many have to fall and not get touched after a session like what @Fante is describing before the timers even reduce again. Or if they do.

I know i personally couldn’t deal with 20s timers even on gyosha or merika, not sure how you guys do it at all.

2 Likes

I’m actually pacing myself with this event I don’t want to have a setback with my elbow. But i’ve primarily been on alycon and galan. Those will have the hardest timers. I sprinkle in a little kol huroo and norkyna but not much. I feel bad making this harder for other people but I’m doing another big project with all colors of gleambow again (The first gleambow event I used the gleam to make my shop Gleam Universe)

EDIT kol huroo timers exactly on 50 seconds…

Well, honestly for me is a lot of past experience, and a lot of thinking actually, people go for this like its a walk in the park and turn off the brain or get panicked when they see the meteor, the key is to keep calm totally

#1 Also the gear is important, but i dont think you need 2 grapples to make it, ive been doing it with only one since im used to one only (Apex legends) and i dont feel comfortable to play with 2…

#2 Second i rarely use the speed buff since all it did for me was getting me killed, i use starberry pie and usually no brew, sometimes i use the speed ones but rarely since i want the profit to be at max

#3Third terrain is also a really important thing, find terrain you are really comfortable working on, find few regions and find few planets like that that have similar ones and swap them, just go tru terrain that is appealing to you, learn that terrain and use it to your advantage.

I can make a whole thread on what i use and how i do it, since maybe it would help people, also you can PM me any questions you would like to know ill gladly help :slight_smile:

mcrib timers at 28 seconds… this is kind of stupid I dont remember ever seeing a timer really below 1 minute the first gleambow event

1 Like

I definitely have to remember to calm down and slow down to get there faster sometimes.

I’m sticking mainly to planets I’m very familiar/comfortable with at this point, serpensarindi is actually not that hard to get around IMO. Gyosha looks imposing sometimes but with long grapples there’s often a way around the water or a spot where you can grapple past. Forested terrain has proven to be the worst for me. Gloviathosa is a little coarse but I’m familiar with it. Ping times are the biggest problem for me there.

I’m using diamonds at the moment, two grapples. Level 1 or 2 speed brews (from the meteors), and a floating loaf or pie handles most of the grapple injuries for me since I’m not the type to launch myself. I was using starberry foods with my rift grapples at first but energy wasn’t too bad of a problem and with the gems it’s no matter at all.

Yeah I don’t think you’re hurting many newer or less capable players lol. Of all of those kol is the only planet i might take a serious run at. I love alcyon but I swear I have a built in lava-magnet. And norkyna, same as delta cancret, the terrain is ok but the water was wrecking me there.

We went on cardass yesterday but finding them in the pancakes can be a huge pain and that’s all I think of when I think of galan.

It’s good to hear that some players are actually able to deal with this, at least. Most of the people I talk to in game or in discord are very frustrated with this situation.

1 Like

Based on the time of this post… it may have been myself and a friend that caused this timer. We were on galan and probably completed about 30/30 (total guess) meteors until the timers got far too short for us.

Galan and Cardass are my new favorite gleambow planets, the terrain allows you to cover insane amounts of ground super fast grappling from peak to peak or cliff face to cliff face.

2 Likes

Yikes…if I go to a planet tonight and see a sub-30 second timer…ima turn right around and leave lol

1 Like

i hate you for this :joy::grin: 18 seconds was nearly impossible XD so in need to go tommorow maybe to galan again XD need to finish the explore

2 Likes

Haha, my apologies. We thought we were being friendly to others by going to a T6 aussie planet to do it because no one ever goes to AUS planets right! Lol

1 Like

Awww come on devs :cry: :cry::cry:this is getting bad and we only have a few days left

1 Like

I was just on Norky farming sand and the timers there were 2min… so I think just hopping planets and trying some you would normally stear clear of is worth a go.

Also I’ll be on for another run in an hour or 2 if anyone wants to tag along and share meteors. Have had some good success doing Duo runs.

rip the norky timers now lol

2 Likes

hahahahhaah

1 Like

galan was the first planit with zero player :joy: and which i have not full explored

1 Like