Gleambow Racing Discussion

I posted in another thread about how I want to be hyped up and excited about the Gleambow Racing sadly though I’m not.

I find it to be a race like the title says and it is basically the first one the meteor gets all the good stuff and I have been that first person quite a number of times and could nearly loot an entire meteor prior to anyone else getting to it at times and it just seems pretty unfair. Luckily, I was in quite a few hunts where we would allow people to call their own meteors and loot them themselves which allows for a little better distribution of goods. I know I called a few meteors to other players that didn’t have any augments or were new etc.

I just feel while the event could be done a lot better.

5 Likes

How its unfair?

This game has almost zero new content released past 2 years.

I get you are mad if you are not as fast as others., but Then again you should remember that example colors that were before exclusive For gleambow event are now all almost unlocked through sovereigns.
The Only thing you want is sacs.

Last year People did do gleambow event of their own. Thei launched their augment and afked their alts on platforms To get bigger meteors…
There is way around “Im not as fast as others”.

To be fair this is almost Only event that i would like To see many times. Cause it actually reguires some skill.

And please tell us how it shouldve been done?
Cause all Im seeing is whine about it. Not solutions

2 Likes

When I did my first gleambow back in 2020 I gave quick up because as a newer player or simply one that doesn’t have access to the ‘for gleambow useful stuff’ it’s sheer impossible to ‘win’ such a race. Either people are quicker there, or quicker farming everything away under your nose or you’re not fast enough to farm the stuff and the meteor goes dormant… of course these days I wouldn’t have the problems anymore if I lay hands on one of the fancy forged totems. But it still is kind of unfair that system and more for the older players. I personally don’t enjoy it much either and rather grab colors I can easily get farmed…

Once I participated in an organized group hunt that was specified on hunting for the gleam sacs and it went very well. So I hope there’s again some people able to organize something like that and people are playing along the hunt rules. It’s wonderful when players work so fantastic together and support each other :heart:

1 Like

I have to say that i havent ever used anything Else than forged diamond grapple. Nothing Else.
And i have won People using speed brews and such cause i know the mechanics of the game (No Im not bragging… Just making a point that you dont need mega speed brew Or whatever To win)

1 Like

Personally I wish they would tweek the timers on the gleambow meteors… I understand the concept where the timers are reduced but should be limited to a fair time… I’ve seen in the past where timers would be as low as 30 seconds (counting down) which makes it close to impossible to beat and that is even with speed brews (certain terrains).

2 Likes

As advertised.

They’ve already changed the event now so that group hunts are the norm and everyone gets participation rewards so we can call down blocks at any time, event or not.

Do you have a suggestion, or an example of what you mean by “fair”?

1 Like

I am usually faster than most when I do these hunts, I usually skip a meteor or two in an effort to help distribute the meteor blocks better. I use some pretty maxxed grapples (thanks @georgegroeg and others) and a grapple skill pages etc.

I was in a HUGE amount of gleambow hunts last year and I mean A LOT. Almost bi-weekly for a good bit thanks to @Larky @Izzabell and @BabyCookie for attending and/or hosting these. With the Monumental and previous Turbulenz view on people being AFK this is against the TOS, so while I know alts could AFK during these and have in the past this can’t happen in the future. I even know of some just using 15 alts and doing the meteors solo.

Agree completely as I love gleambow and the rarity of the blocks and the sacs of course.

I am definitely not whining about it, more just saying it may be a little unfair to newer players. You want a solution, maybe when blocks are broken they are evenly distributed, but that wouldn’t make the event a race then… so I do not know a proper solution as it is a race.

Not sure here. I think it’s mostly just organized hunts with good leaders and a good group that share the load and loot. About the only solution I have.

1 Like

Im no newer player but as said i dont use any brews etc To get from A To B.

I dont see how newer player has disadvantage on this.

If you are just launched the game and are like on tutorial… Then Yes. But otherwise i dont see disadvantage… Most of the time newer players dont even know whats going on…

Also gleambow lowest tier is 3… So you are not that of a New player if you are alrdy there.

1 Like

I worked to get better after the first event. Then they changed it so it’s actually detrimental to try and spawn or chase them yourself.

IDK I Was expecting complaints that it’s hard not sure about this one.

If having a prize for winning a race isn’t fair maybe they should just drop the whole meteor thing and spawn gleamtrunks everywhere for a week.

If you join a group hunt and collect the blocks you’re likely to be uninvited anyways.

2 Likes

Thats the thing with Group hunts… Or “hey we gonna call some meteors stay back”.

I get what they are doing but i example igot lot of hate from People When i didnt knew what People Where doing… I was not aware them doing this with augments so i apparrantly “stole” some of their meteors. I was just hunting gb s normally.

This is something thats i guess fair from some point of view but Then again you shouldnt get hate if some one get the meteor first. Im not a douche but you cant reserve a public planet as your private gb launching pad

4 Likes

When people call their own meteor that is during a gleambow event put on by players where the meteors are activated by players firing augments. This is A gleambow event that acts like regular meteors and are triggered by entering regions.

Ye but Then again if i see a meteor… Ofc i run into if Im not aware that People are doing it with augments… Thatd the point