Glitching whenever i touch the ground, keeps teleporting me to the sky

Here is an image from when mine was glitched

2 Likes

If any of you can provide exact or approximate coordinates of the area (plus any blocks that you may have made contact with) where the issue occurred then we can investigate this further.

heres location for repeatable glitch you just walk into the hole and poef you up the platform

Thanks @the-moebius, this is reproducible on our end and confirms that chiselled blocks can play a part in this odd teleporting issue.

@SolFall, @Haradim, @TheCringeKid and anyone else who encountered the issue, if you are able to submit screenshots of the locations and coordinates just so we can check if this is affected by chiselled blocks or not, that would be great.

1 Like

I will upload some coordinates later on tonight. it will be a while tho, today is a long day of work and class :sob:

i had it in the wild somewhere on grass blocks aswel, they were not chiseled. dont have location thou :frowning:

I do not know if this is same thing, but when i was digging in a cave deep under ground, i was teleported up to the mountain top.

This recently happened to me. I climbed to the top of a blue gleam tower in Therka Market and jumped down onto a tree. It was a long fall, and when I landed, I went temporarily “blind” until I jumped out of the tree and it seemed to be fixed. Then suddenly I was in the sky (jerking back and forth between the ground and the sky endlessly)! Returning to the sanctum did not fix it; as soon as I walked back through the warp, I was in the sky again.

Naturally I took a nice screenshot.

Interestingly, this seems to be an out-of-body experience, as @NLBead witnessed. From his perspective, my character was just standing there, nothing suspicious at all. He could even see me walk around.

3 Likes

How long we’re you in the air until you started falling?

When you totally smooth whilst walking or slightly bobbing up and down?

Just started happening again. walked out of a portal, grappled on to regular blocks, and when i landed, BAM!

even teleporting back to the sanctum does not help, just ends up with the black screen there too.

@vdragon I can confirm that the chiselled blocks teleporting you upwards still happened. Not sure where exactly it happened, but I was running around under the main part of the alturnik sky ring, ran into a wall of some sort and was suddenly teleported upwards.

I be interested to see if this is happening on a particular character model, such as one with large head appendages or the smaller, more feminine(?) looking characters (although I don’t know if they all use the same size hitbox).

@Stretchious They all use the same hitbox, as far as I’m aware

Sorry to necro this topic, but I’m not sure exactly where to post this since it’s been happening long before this latest release. I’ve experienced this bug several times, but thanks to Combyte’s immense help, I finally managed to record it. I experienced it three times yesterday; this video is of the second time. It’s also happened to me on top of a tree in Therka Market and on the reactor in the Hive, and some other places I can’t remember. I’m thinking it has something to do with chiseled blocks? That’s the only commonality I can find.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19Fkpk28hvRkowlmRk1VrWvCwwPWkItzp

Combyte can confirm that from his view, my character was just standing/running around like normal. We’ve decided that my character has been sniffing too much gleam fumes lately :joy:

Returning to sanctum doesn’t change anything, but dying changes everything back to normal.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s still an ongoing issue it seems, i occasionally get this sometimes when i grapple a lot. idk what it is, i hear it’s something to do with chiseled blocks. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks for the video. We don’t have any definitive methods to get these issues to occur on a regular basis, but I’ll add the information to the bug database.

1 Like