Golden Skill Point Tokens

It would be nice if we could somehow over time earn Golden skill point tokens that are in addition to the 100 point cap.

That is all.

7 Likes

And if anybody can find a way to get infinite money or otherwise somehow break the game with this, I’m all ears. Seriously - post all worst case scenario end of the game as we know it disastrous outcomes below. I want to know how this can be a bad thing.

1 Like

Too convenient. Sorry. Don’t like the idea :smiley::joy:

We’ll see what happens when/if skills are revamped. Think they want to leave the possibility of having designated roles as a playstyle, though I would much prefer the option to eventually get all skills

1 Like

Even if they developers allowed one character to earn enough skill points and have every skill, it certainly does not prevent a player that just wants a crafter or a hunter from making one. it does prevent the time sink associated with the cool downs or trekking back to your home beacon to change skill sets. With the addition of alts and skill sets, I am not sure that the developers are all that committed to designated roles. If they were, I am not sure they would have allowed either of these things.

2 Likes

I would love to pay cubits to instead of opening new skill pages, just unlock more points to be used for a skill page.

I’ve even be happy if doing that, made it so you only got 1 point per level after 50, and make the cost 300 (hell even 600) cubits for each 50 allowed to be added, or 25 points even.

2 Likes

Altough you idea is interesting i dont like the concept of pay to win to get better skills, in any games. Plots and cosmetics are enough for me as a potential irl money sink…

3 Likes

you can already just open different skill pages. and you get double the points per level to fill them up.

I just don’t like having to switch from going out mining to coming back to build all the time because I forget, start to chisel something and takes me a minute to figure out its not the wrong tool. but the wrong skill page active. Now I have to break what I placed and replace it and rechisel.

2 Likes

I like the idea of using cubits for gold tokens, but other ideas for how to earn them could work as well… perhaps max lvl achievement crates could unlock a gold token, like creeping 50,000 feet :joy:

Or you get one gold token (or the option to buy 1 gold token) for every week that you complete all the daily feats.

Yeah I like for things to be interesting, but also to be fun and make sense. I also hate to see some skills never get used (I know there are dedicated people out there who will use jump epic but they are too few and far between).

Instead of cubits, maybe we could trade 10 skill points for 1 golden token…? Seems very fair and worth doing to me. It’d take longer than just doing things the “easy” way and maxing out all 5 skill pages. Plus it’d give you a reason to keep playing that char!

1 Like

Honestly I think they should trash the whole levelling system and make a new and improved one, with plenty of room for all the extra skill points and probably a few different kinds of point tokens. It feels incomplete to me the way it is with so many redundant skill tokens piling up.

1 Like

Bring on pay to win…Lol. it’s already exist.i can buy plots and plot a planet if I really wanted. It’s already a thing…also it’s boundless there is no pay to win. There is no end goal. So when someone says pay to win. It already exists with plots…I wish the shop had a ton more stuff we can buy…like unique hammers made from two gems or some different armor at the moment the shop is so stale…this is not a shooter game . There really no pay to win at all and even if you could buy stuff in a shop the only thing that would happen is that you would get jealous that someone bought a cool thing from the shop because u didn’t want pay any money…so funny

2 Likes

Boundless isn’t pay2win, boundless is pay2realizenobodycaresbutyou :joy:

3 Likes

Hahahaha that’s awes9me

1 Like

You have to pay to use skill points after 50 already. This would just be a different thing to purchase and I would happily pay double or even triple to avoid skill pages.

Additionally and I can’t stress this enough Boundless needs to make money if they don’t make money the game will shutdown. I have zero issues throwing money at the game and highly recommend others do that as well. They are already insanely generous with Cubits from leveling.

2 Likes

I would gladly pay for Gleam Club Plus if it included some sweet golden skill points - and a few free zero-fuel portals :wink: . Maybe a Golden Skill Point page where you can put things like light, jump, luck, etc and it applies to all of your skill pages.

With free in-game currency (cubits) - same as plots. You can earn them for free.

I think they should add cosmetics to earn more $…things like pets, clothing, more body paints, etc. People happily pay for those items. People will also spend $ on rental planets when they add those.

3 Likes

That would be a neat idea. A global page for quality of life things. I would add environmental protections to that as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am assuming (as it looks most people here did) that these “golden skill points” do not count towards the 100 skill point cap on a page?

I get that people don’t like skill pages, or their limitations. This was a design desire of the developers to make people feel more specialized into a role, and to make those choices feel like they have meaning. Now they have given us lots of QoL already in this department (extra character slots, 5 skill pages to swap between on a single character) but I do not think that it is in the spirit of the game to break the “roles” even more.

I understand that it is the desire that people want to do everything, but that is just not what boundless is (yes, i’ve heard the argument with the name here too, no I don’t think it is a justified one).

1 Like

Yeah golden tokens would be >100. Maybe instead of golden tokens you could just have some irrelevant skills be designated as golden (unlockable without skill points) skills. It’s not like you can spam mass craft to defeat a hopper. Or light source epic a hopper to death.

Additionally, you shouldn’t be forced to choose something useful over something fun. As-is, Boundless skills are fine or whatever I guess… if we’re just trying to make an ok game…

1 Like