Goo confusion

So I planted goo on shadow red gleam and some how got black goo as the mutation. What color goo would turn into black when planted on shadow red gleam?

Maybe Night Azure, Night Green, or Shadow Green?

1 Like

probably a lot. Black I don’t think is a far step from any of the dark/shadow colors.

Also here’s This made by @Firehazurd with help from the devs

2 Likes

If the goo was already in the dark shades, you probably got the random step mutation which was black.

2 Likes

Another resource I can recommend is this:
Color Mixing Guide
Especially the graph is helpful.

In your case:
Result is black which is in the center.
Gleam is shadow red which is to the up and right of that.
This means that you likely came from the lower left which is the blueish area like azure, slate, teal, turquoise.
All colors involved are dark colors with low luminance.

So it likely was one of the darkest blue variants or perhaps dark grey.
If you encountered a random mutation it can be anything of the dark colors in the center.

We do not know how the mutation paths look exactly which makes it hard to predict precisely over which colors the mutation will jump.

1 Like

Yea the graph was made by firehazurd as well. The google docs I linked has a few different tabs on it for various things mixing/mutating/distance finder all to help you get your best shot at getting the colors you want growing or mixed.

1 Like

Is the grid only editable or searchable on PC? Having trouble on my phone.

The google docs that I linked? I think it only is working on pc properly. I haven’t checked it on my pc in a while. I know it doesn’t display correctly on my phone. Usually google docs doesn’t for me. Tho I never use the app for it either so it could be that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You have create a copy