Got Issues With Gleambow Meteors?

Hi all!
So this is a very quick topic for me to highlight what I THINk might be an issue that some are facing. I am not sure if there are other technical causes or if its issues of ps4 vs pc but i think it wont harm if I highlight it.

I had a friend today say the world wasnt loading up and meteors were invisible (only knew there was a meteor by hearing it). We later knew she thought LOW chunk rate was better and had it this way for some time. If you go to settings > network > chunk rate, make it 8 (if your internet connection is up to the task). Report back if this helps :D.

3 Likes

Well I was not able to play at my base without having my fps drop every minute. But after changing that it seems way better. Will try meteors later today after work and come back to update.

1 Like

Also would recommend if possible a wired internet connection over wifi… as I mentioned on another post :slight_smile:

Games like this from what I’ve experienced need all the bandwidth it can get in order to load your chunks and avoid blanks and also to avoid lag.

3 Likes

This is what fixed the meteors from disappoofing and not appearing in the sky on me last year.

1 Like

I also increased the Chunk cache, as I understand it, that way the game won’t need to reload chunks so often but I’m not sure

I can confirm this worked for me.

It worked for me back in March and it’s still working. Give it a shot; It really helps.

Important to note that I play over a very crappy wifi connection on a shoddy PS4 and I am having 0 problems seeing and reaching meteors (other than slamming myself into hard surfaces and dying, but that’s just human error… :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I did way better after changing settings. Still have strokes some times but less annoying

2 Likes