1 Like

I do like this idea. :+1:

1 Like

Would def be useful

1 Like

THIS!
and one more for the beacons please

1 Like

For beacons tbh I donā€™t know if it belongs in the public worlds. Iā€™d be fine with it on private planets tho

1 Like

there are downsides and trolling potential, of course, if it was a part of a larger ā€˜dungeon updateā€™ with some regulations/ restrictions (size, footfall, what can/ canā€™t be placed in a ā€˜dungeon beaconā€™) and other beacon-wide options, like skill preset, beacon buffs, and a dungeon UI element that informs you that stuff might happen to you whilst in there, it could work in survival. Iā€™d hate to see all the fun stuff moved to creative, and only leave shop stands and doors as the only thing that can be interacted with on public / survival planets.

but back to the main topic :smiley: character grappling could be handled as a setting for your character / skill page or as a ā€˜beacon ruleā€™ for arenas, so you wonā€™t have to switch it on/ off, or forget about it, or cheat in tournaments, and so on ( or both char setting ( slightly more convenient than ā€˜friendshipā€™) and beacon setting)

3 Likes

I think for beacon-based things, user interaction would be necessary. Like a pop-up ā€œyou are entering a dungeon, do you consent to: [dungeon features here].ā€ If you consent all goes according to plan by the dungeonmaker. Otherwise the dungeon should just act like normal terrain, which also means you cannot access any prize stands within etc. A visible ā€œdungeonā€ buff could show so that people playing a game can see who is actually playing and limited by the rules, and who is just spectating.

I agree it would be cool to have some grapple-able oortian permission that is overridden by a beacon for certain games and to ensure fair play.

2 Likes

I like the spectator idea as default! there could be an object with which youā€™ll have to interact in order to ā€˜enter the dungeon / tournamentā€™, it will show you all the stuff thatā€™s different and gives you some sort of beacon permissions so you can interact with dungeon / minigame elements (doors, buttons, prize chestsā€¦)

2 Likes

It would also be useful if the beacon owner could somehow turn off bombs for those not in the match

3 Likes