Grapple disengage button

Ok, so I know on PS4 the circle button to disengage grapples was added on request by numerous players and has been well-liked.

However, it’s also the cancel/Back out button so if I’m grappled and go into my inventory or open chat, then I back out, it disengages my grapple. KO I’m now dead.

I went to see if I could swap them, or only select one to use to disengage, but I can’t.

^ That’s my suggestion. Keep the circle as an option, but also make it so it can be disabled/ choose which one you want–circle and/or down on d-pad.

Thank You! :grinning:

1 Like

Someday the industry will figure out that they should give us the ability to remap buttons however we like.

1 Like

Yup, that’s usually one of the first things I look at, although I usually try what they’ve assigned first.
Then change it if I’m struggling.
Small person = small hands
I just don’t have the finger length for some things!

lol

“So, its R2, plus Rtrigger, and X… and RT Thumb?? Wtf!!!”

Haha, yeah that’s pretty much what it feels like.

Although somehow you reminded me that I neglected to even mention the alt button (down on d-pad) so I quickly added that in my suggestion paragraph.

Thanks. :grin:

This is the same thing that causes me to open inventories and interact with players in front of me if i am hitting enter to send a message in chat.

What it seems like is the game registers the ‘on’ signal (to send the chat message) and also the ‘off’ signal (interacting with the player or machine in front of me) as an additional button press.
Though i haven’t tested this specifically, this is just what it seems like.

Ok that sounds like a bug I’ll get someone to take a look at it

1 Like