Guide: A painting guide: making shadow fuchsia paint using only exo-planet gleam

Recently I have been doing a little experimenting on mutating Goo using gleam from Exo planets to see what can be done without access to gleambow event gleam and I made a little discovery I thought I should share and even put together a little guide on.

My discovery is that planting night fuchsia kernels on strong cherry gleam has returned shadow fuchsia seeds 17 out of 20 times (I will update this statistic as I get more results).

Here is a sample of the paint:

Night fuchsia goo is on the current exo planet (Qretu 5) as well as black, which is a useful pigment for mixing .Strong cherry gleam was available on an Exo planet some time ago and is available in many shops that are selling Exo resources. Looking back at the Exo archive strong cherry gleam and night fuchsia goo were on the same planet funnily enough, so we actually had the necessary resources to make shadow fuchsia paint all appear on one planet.

Planting and harvesting
Without getting into too much detail on farm setups I’ll try to explain. This is what my primary setup looks like. 3 blocks wide of Gleam (for mutating) or rock (for pigment returns) with 2 block wide strips of lava (chiselled into the top of the shadow cerulean marble strips) and lanterns spaced in between rows to ensure adequate lighting. Planted on gleam this gives me a crop yield of 215% and 75% seed yield. On rock it gives me 220% crop yield and 80% seed yield with the crop epic adding 20% crop I get 2 or 3 pigments every time I harvest.

Plant the night fuchsia on the strong cherry gleam to mutate to shadow fuchsia, you will also get other random, but nearby, results such as dark fuchsia and if you replant on the gleam often enough you may even end up eventually with strong cherry. All of these pigment colours can be used for mixing. Plant the shadow fuchsia on rock to maximise pigments harvested, as well as some of the night fuchsia, dark fuchsia, black and even some dark lilac which was also available on this same exo planet.

Mixing

Mixing is a difficult science with infinite ways of combining colours to get results and therefore requires a fair bit of experimentation by adding and removing pigments, again I will not go into too much detail of how I work out mixes as most of it is just plain old trial and error until I get the result I want. But a simple explanation is that because shadow colours are very dark yet vibrant colours I will need dark colours (“night” shades are the best) and vibrant red colours (“strong” or “deep”). These colours are all added together and the calculated “average” of these colours is the result.

Using 6 colours available from the goo on this planet and some strong cherry I played around with mixing them to get some results. Bear in mind these are just examples and there are countless other ways to mix these (some more efficient, some less efficient). Colours from left to right are shadow fuchsia, night fuchsia, dark fuchsia, strong cherry, dark lilac, black.

Adding another 10 strong cherry changes the result to dark fuchsia. As does adding any more dark or night fuchsia.

Removing the black, strong cherry and dark lilac gives me shadow fuchsia and uses the pigment far more efficiently

Crafting
To make marble I use the paint on refined metamorphic rock. 45 painted rock turns into 50 marble.

To make mosaic I use the paint on refined igneous rock. 45 painted rock turns into 50 marble.

To make wicker I paint refined wood. 36 painted refined wood makes 50 decorative wood, 45 decorative wood makes 50 wicker.

To make bricks I paint plain old rocks. 18 painted rocks makes 50 stone, 216 stone makes 50 brick mixture which turns into 200 bricks in the furnace.

8 Likes

Always wondered how goo farming worked, haven’t tries that yet either.