[Guide] Goo color mixing rough guide v 0.1 alpha

crafting
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb3f28f2d90>

Here’s a couple of my findings while experimenting with the pigment processor. This is all from my perspective not from a scientific one, I hope you will find it useful nonetheless.

The mixing is based on the LAB color space meaning that in laymens terms we mix contrast not brightness.

When for example mixing dark red with white we would expect in RBG space for the color to move towards pure red. In LAB it walks towards the browner or dark rose shades, this is because we mix greyish/whiteish contrast into red/blackish color and infact lose on red contrast.

An example of color mixing towards red:

Mixing towards red has an appearance like this:

--------------------------------------outside-------------------------------------------
outside <-> orange <-red-> cherry <-red-> fuchsia <-> outside
--------------------------------------outside---------------------------------------------

• outside on top and bottom mean that there is not enough true red color inside the mix

If you know your way around Gimp or Photoshop this might help you (do not know if the conversion to .png made the pics colors useless apologies if so)
Use the select by color feature to see where your color is positioned in the plot on the right, with this you get a good idea of which colors are close to your color.
Close colors are best for mixing, finding the right combination is only a matter of distance on the plot.

Credit goes to @Firehazurd for the plot. No idea who made the other one sorry^^’

Anchor means your goal colors weight in total.

Mixing tip 1: You can use unrelated color pigments to increase your output as long as your anchor outweights the unrelated pigments.

Mixing tip 2: From experience, if you use a combination of different shades to mix your goal you can burn more unrelated color since the anchor is more stable if the color is produced by mixing more close colors.

Mixing tip 3: It helps to have a stack of your goal color in the mix to further strengthen the anchor.

any tips or suggestions to update this rough guide are more than welcome ^^

@AeneaGames the anwser is 1 week, it takes me 1 week to make sprays for a ss if I setup my mutation farm first ofc (its not oversized).

late edit: I have to correct this one, since I increased the size of my farm it is about 3 days.

Hmmm, ok, I will need to tinker more with it then too I suppose. And thanks for that image, should help!

Just wish I had some more gleam colours, haha