[Guide] The Methodology to Forging Everything - V2.3 - Added Repair Spanner

Just look what people sell. If something cool or cheap isn’t sold, it probably can’t be made. :slight_smile:

I’ve asked in a discord some time ago.

1 Like

Yea i got that.
But how is a brand new Player supposed to know w/o external wisdom?

Its a lot of search for resources, I am using the table below, and read thoroughly the release notes on the forum to understand how things work

Testing 224: Farming

Two new Forge-effects: “Break Liquids” for Hammer, Axe and Shovel; and “Solidify Liquids” for the Totem have been added.

The Break Liquids Boon will allow breaking Liquid Source Blocks, creating a Liquid block-drop that can be picked up allowing you to hold Liquids directly in your inventory and place them directly into the World somewhere else.
The Solidify Liquids will allow transformation of Lava into Igneous Rock, and Water into Ice by hitting the Liquids; this effect can be used “in the Wild” to solidify the surface of lakes and both will work in tandem with Affect Adjacent Boons. The Solidify Liquids Boon will not be allowed on Liquids that contain Crops or mesh blocks within the same space, but will be allowed on any liquid contained within just chiselled blocks, so beware that you may lose a possibly valuable block if not careful (A block Drop will still be produced). This Boon can be used to quickly create walkways across Lava fields.

1 Like

Thank you.

That also doesn’t help a person who new and doesn’t use the forums or discord etc. I’m sure there’s at least a few out there.

Well…
given all games nowadays, and many back then, have there own Forums where they post patch notes, it is a given for a game like Boundless, which has a few complex mechanisms, to go to a Forum and read, if Nothing else the patch notes.
Which i my case i did but forgot About the Little Paragraph.
An ingame pedia would be the best, but when was the last time we had it all? :slight_smile:
But we shouldnt spam this important guide with the blindlessof me :slight_smile:

1 Like

the more people that comment the more people that see this guide

But ye, I tend to agree, a proper guide in game would be good.

Or a properly updated wiki, but thats a whole nother’ issue

1 Like

Well I finally think I’ve cracked it with aoe hammers :slight_smile: love this guide thank you! Managed to produce 3 that I’m very happy with

3 Likes

Hey DaOne hope this is not too late, for the liquid breaker here is my process:
R1: special
R2: special
R3: corrupt 1 (and decons 3 if not AOE)
R4: vigor catalyst 2
R5: venerable
R6: venerable
R7: longevity
R8: longevity
R9: corrupt 1
R10: corrupt 1 (want liquid breaker & dura. if go south, use decons 3)
R11: vigor catalyst 2
R12: special
R13: protection paste 2
R14: fate paste 2
R15: corrupt 1 (until you get lv4 AOE)
R16: vigor catalyst 2
R17: venerable
R18: venerable
R19: longevity
R20: longevity
R21: protection paste 2
R22: protection paste 2
R23: protection paste 2
R24: fate paste 2
R25: fate paste 2
R26+: pure 3

5 Likes

It is never too late for helpful guides my friend :slight_smile:

excuse my bad english…
but i love your guide, thats works verry well!!!
cant wait until your “new list” comes online…
great work from everybody else, who spend his experience to expand this guide.
the nicest game community ive ever seen…
keep going :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im currently on hiatus, but what exactly are you looking to forge that isnt on the list? Most new stuff is very similar to whats up there, but with different gums.

everything about gums and co ist clearly explained. now inhave a lot of forged diamond tolls, thx bro :slight_smile:
next step is forging umbris, rift and blink…
ive been watching for that method list, that makes it possible.
ive spend about 100k coins to forge my own items (feathers and other stuff)
now im ready for the next step.
by the way, i just use the deconstruktion 3, i spend more time, but wanna keep the boonchanger for umbris and rift…
maybe i read over something, or didnt understand…

The reason I didn’t include lucent gem forging is because I myself have little idea on how to do it - I pay someone else to do it personally. I think theres a few videos in this thread that shows it, and while i have a basic grasp of how its done its not enough to actually write a guide about

Added 3 new forging recipes for the newer boons.

• Latticework & Unchisel Chisels – made via the same recipie
  • AoE Solidifiers
  • AoE Liquid Breakers

Enjoy!

5 Likes

Latticework has a typo :slight_smile:

Out of interest, does it matter if you get a second boon? If you don’t use trait reduction gums it’s a 80% chance of hitting the venerable boon every roll. The only problem I see is if you get type changer as the first boon, as that excludes lattice and undo.

1 Like

Cheers for the catch. Fixed!

In the instance where you already have Latticeworker boon, the trait reduction gum essentially further reduces the chance of getting a different boon, I believe it it makes a significant difference in RNG, garaunteeing even more that you will only level up latticework instead of getting a second, non-venerable boon.

However, in retrospect, you could probably survive without it. I mostly just copied my template for forging 1-boon items from the other items since there all basically made the same, the only difference being the gum used.

This will be so helpful when forging!

1 Like

made my own armor bomb crafting recipe.
round 1: Venerable gum
round 2: Venerable gum
round 3: trait reduction gum
round 4: trait reduction gum
rounds 5-8: Draining boon compound 1
round 9: quirk transmute Solvent
round 10: stablilization paste
round 11: Protection paste 2
round 12: Imperfect boon compound 3
rounds 13-21: Pure boon compound 3
round 22: setting resin.
I got with forge simulator:
A bomb with Lvl 7 Forge Boon Action Speed.Lvl 8 Area Of Effect Level 1 boon armor but the bouncy feet and fire randomly quirks INACTIVATED and a Knockback defect lvl 3
edit note: skip the transmute quirk rounds unless you got a wacky defect. i originally had the defect for it being only night.

1 Like

I also made a LEGENDARY GRAPPLE!!! with the forging simulator i made a grapple that would keep your stats high though it fired randomly. Here is the recipe to try that in game
Do extra transmute steps if you don’t get the same.
R1: invigoration paste 2
R2 invigoration paste 2
R3: stabilization paste 2
R4: stabilization paste 2
R5: Unstable boon compound 3
TRANSMUTE STEPS!
R6: draining boon compound 2
Repeat R6 until your vigour runs out or your stability is almost lost
Edit: yes it is focused on the quirks. not the boons