Guild assigned beacon and footfall decay

This is weird. Maybe it’s based on time spent on the beacon somehow?

I know I always found it weird when 1 visit would give me 73 coins in one beacon and 75 in an adjacent one and 77 in a third beacon.

Footfall is instantly generated when you touch just 1 pixel of a plot. You can watch your beacon and the instant someone walks into your beacon the full coin amount is instantly generated.

Those could be from repeated visitors that maybe didn’t touch both beacons every day? Unless the owner did not visit his beacons within the last 7 days.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. This is good to know. :+1::+1:

No the different amounts are all from the same single visitor after collecting coins to reset the beacon counters.

Another week later (8 days, missed it yesterday).

Beacon Footfall
A 80
B 26
C 28
D 80
1 Like

Just to be clear do I need my alt to walk on to the actual plots of my beacon?
Because all I’ve done is run them to the settlement where the beacons are aligned too and that seems to work just fine

As far as I knew in order to generate footfall on a beacon, they have to actually step in the plotted space of the beacon. This means no footfall if someone runs under your sky build, or over your deep mining station either.

1 Like

I’m clear on generating footfall what I meant was to ensure no FF loss I ensure I get my less used alts online within the settlement that my beacons are all aligned too rather than running them onto the actual plots they own.

1 Like

Oh I see. Sorry for being dense lol. I would expect this to be the same since everything I’ve ever seen says the owner has to visit the beacon.

I do have a couple of offsite beacons that get limited footfall because I can’t be bothered to run my alts around to them all the time. Especially one on eresho. Knowing that I could just portal over to the city they’re in would definitely make it more likely for me to do it on something like a weekly basis.

1 Like

Technically speaking it only works if you beacons are aligned to the settlement

1 Like

Let’s try this out. The beacons of char A, B, C and D are all assigned to the same guild, they are one guild settlement and, of course, also a greater settlement.

Char C now enters the guild and greater settlement and walks on plots of char A and B. But not on plots of C (himself) and D.

Char F, new char, no guilds, walks over plots A, B, C and D. and generates the following footfall

Beacon Footfall
A 80
B 26
C 80
D 80

Char C did renew his footfall without walking in his own beacons plots, only on the neighboring plots.

Either just entering the guild (or greater?) settlement is enough to renew it or maybe it’s renewed by entering the chunks. I probably would need a bitter setup to test that.

4 Likes

This output makes no sense as to why char B got so much less footfall.

It’s the same setup I use for the other test. Char B hasn’t visited this settlement since mid June.

Another week later (6 days). Char C was used last week for the other test, therefore he visited the beacon and doesn’t make sense anymore.

Beacon Footfall
A 80
B 22
C n/a
D 80

Another week later.

Beacon Footfall
A 80
B 16
C n/a
D 80
1 Like

Some day this will all make sense.

It seems pretty consistent?

Just took a look and it’s been what, 11 weeks since the decay began? And it’s been reduced from 80c to 16c. Maybe it’s a percentage of some arbitrary number since the amount scales with prestige.

Which character did the visit to generate the footfall here? Character F again?

28 > 80 > 0 seems incredibly weird, unless it was character C that did the last 2 visits.

Yes

Ah, no. I didn’t record char C anymore because he visited the settlement last week for the other test.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’ve only recorded the data here. I went back but for edits I can only see the date, not the time.

I don’t know if the footfall rules reset “every 24 hours at e.g. 0:00 UTC” or if they reset “after something happens”. If I generate footfall at 22:17, can I generate footfall again at 22:17 + 1 day or at 0:00?

I’ve stopped recording the ff of char C because char C visited the settlement after Aug 24th.

Date Delta Days FF B Delta FF B FF C Delta FF C
2019-06-21 20:06 - 77 - 79 -
2019-06-28 17:33 6 72 5 73 6
2019-07-05 20:24 7 66 6 68 5
2019-07-12 6-7 60 6 62 6
2019-07-19 6-7 55 5 56 6
2019-07-26 6-7 50 5 51 5
2019-08-03 7-8 44 6 44 7
2019-08-09 5-6 39 5 40 4
2019-08-16 6-7 32 7 34 6
2019-08-24 21:30 7-8 26 6 28 6
2019-08-30 18:01 5 22 4 n/a n/a
2019-09-06 7 16 6 n/a n/a

Prestige didn’t change much over time as the settlement is just me (and a single neighbor with 5k prestige who probably abandoned his beacon long ago) and I only moved a few bricks. There was no change in settlement size.

And the footfall is highly inflated for such a small settlement because it gets very few visitors. Normally 80c per week, last week was 320c, e.g. 4 visitors (excluding char F).

1 Like

Ahhh right, that part confused me, thanks for explaining.