Guild storage?

Hey all.

I have read through updates but have a question, does anyone know if there is going to be such a thing as “guild storage” with records of who takes what from it etc along with certain rankings being able to get to certain content etc.

Pretty much like in wow.

Thanks.

1 Like

That’s not currently a feature, but it’s on a lot of people’s wish list. Ideally a guild should employ quartermasters who have sole control over distribution of guild goods and supplies. This can be achieved with the existing beacon permissions, but can be even more easily controlled in the guild update.

2 Likes

All good things take time. I realise that. Definitely here for the Long haul. Boundless is a great game.

2 Likes

There is a number of design challenges that need to be addressed, many of which I don’t think can be solved in an elegant manner like WoW’s guild storage logs.

Namely, guild storage in WoW is one coherent system where you interact with a prop and access the same storage system. Boundless modular storage presents a problem in that all of your storage units would need to have individual logs of data each. Some guilds have thousands of storage blocks in massive warehouse style builds. Shoot, some players have storage like that. That’s many orders of magnitude more data that would have to be stored and sorted out in a dynamic fashion. There are dozens of other mechanical issues that I imagine would hinder such record keeping as well.

It would be an impressive undertaking if the dev’s manage to develop a system capable of handling Boundless storage without weighing the entire game down in the process.

3 Likes

Could just do a per-beacon storage log…? That way each shelf wouldn’t need its own. Or make a Guild Vault machine, 4 blocks that you place and look like the door to a safe after their boxes combine. Make them undesireably expensive to craft…

One game I play has a club officer/leader storage chest, a club chest, and a community chest (which caused issues & fights so it was eventually taken out of the game). It also has an activity log that is accessible by club leaders (johnny took 3 dirt blocks from the club chest, sally destroyed three rock blocks, jimmy donated 100 coins, etc).

1 Like

This is something they’re still working on …

Whether this contains some sort of audit log for who puts in or takes from each storage/machine, I don’t know - I hope it does as it’s also something I have requested so guild leaders have better insight into how their guilds operate.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the replies, appreciate it!

I wonder if you could put a guild lock or something on some storage or something to simplify the situation. Just been thinking about things.

■■■■. I read this after my post. Dope