Guildmembers poll

it needs to be no limit

aquatopians say :

4 Likes

LOVE IT Yaaaaa
wont give up the fight

The ones I play have limits of 500, 700+

1 Like

The 100 Guild limit is not a good idea. Instead, the helix buffs should scale with a guild’s number of members. That is the most logical balancing. I’m not sure why they decided to limit it to 100.

2 Likes

also all the people joining the big guilds proof they dont mind it being big

1 Like

I don’t mind the cap raising either if the buff costs grow proportionally.

I think these big guilds are a byproduct of guilds being new and players jumping on the first infrastructure they see.

I don’t get the point of guilds that want to be as exclusive as a Facebook group.

Whether it’s due to player caps or buff costs the people running these mega guilds will one day want to actually enforce exclusivity because they are tired of carrying dead weight.

If it isn’t a game system that leads to that it will be some technical limitation like lag when sending messages to hundreds of ppl, or 10 second load times on guild UIs, or what not.

My feeling is ppl want guilds to step in as a surrogate for their desire to own a planet with its own planet chat and permissions. That’s not what the guild system is for. It’s for making corporations that can behave as a single entity. Without guild limits the game will turn into join one of the handful of mega guilds or die. The cap is more important than how many ppl click the like button for your team. It keeps guilds from taking over the entire game.

You are making a lot of assumptions about both the original design directive and what guilds should be based on personal bias. The things that drive you and me aren’t the same things that drive everyone else. Having a guild that is made of of 10k players doesn’t change my little group’s game play at all. It just helps make those 10k people happy because they want to be in that guild. Identities are important to people for a lot of different reasons.

Also, I don’t see a reason to change the buff costs just because its easier for a group of 100 players than it is for 10. I look at them as a minimum threshold to reach, not something that is based on a per person requirement. Larger groups working together should always have an easier time maintaining resources than my smaller group. The system shouldn’t punish them for putting in the work to maintain a larger organization just because we chose not to do the same.

3 Likes

Especially since the larger group will have a harder time with logistics and leadership than a smaller group.

3 Likes

No loot to fight over, larger guilds will just have what to build, where to build it, what to farm, etc to fight over lol

1 Like

I agree with others here. If alts are handled differently and Don’t occupy a guild slot (maybe not let them add endevor or have all alts and main be one endevor pool) then 100 is a fine number. But if alts are kept as is then I feel we need to raise the guild member cap (absolutely no greater than 500 though)

It does because those 10k players create a private economy that the game’s rules prevent you from participating in. (Guild locks are confirmed by devs and a top request from guild players.) You’ll walk into malls that have become Wholesaler Clubs. Portal networks that demand tithe. Join them or you’re denied access. It’s one thing when 100 people do this and something completely different when 10,000 do it.

Guild leadership is not going to scale with membership size (too much risk with no way to punish) so we’re talking about an incredible consolidation of power that guilds would provide if uncapped. In an MMO with a large market component, every player will feel the influence of these super-structures.

No scaling from 10 to 100 is fine. That’s incentive to grow your guild to the cap, same as the game encourages you to add more coils to your machines until a cap is reached. Before guilds were introduced, players could not cooperate to scale recipes past their mass craft ratios. Helix machines provide the first “player scalable” recipes. For every person you add to your guild the individual cost decreases for the same strength buff.

The buffs the devs have released are tame, because they’re wise. But you know there’s more impactful buffs down the line, ones that will fundamentally change the economic direction of the game. Raising the guild cap is threatening here for two reasons. First, it allows for the cost of the recipe (and therefore the economic opportunities the buffs provide) to be 10,000x cheaper for mega guilds than solo players. If these recipes are to be attainable by a 100 person guild they will be effectively free for the 10,000 person guild. Consider staying in your guild and paying 1,600c/wk for a single buff vs letting a mega guild acquire you and giving 100c/wk for 5 such buffs simultaneously. So reason number two why buff cost must scale in some way is that without it there’s a natural incentive for guilds to consolidate power.

Guilds have an identity component but are not purely functioning as identity decorators. As demonstrated above they are also economic consolidators (guild locks) and power consolidators (helix machines). It’s not an identity if you have to join it to survive.

The only thing preventing the game from heading that way is a cap on guild size, the (yet unknown) limitations of Guild Locks, and the helix recipe costs. These and every other future guild feature will all be intertwined. You can’t freely move one without reconsidering the others.

If devs were to increase the cap and emphasize the identity aspects of guilds through the guild system itself, it comes at the expense of the other mechanically and economically interesting aspects. I would rather the guild system continue to grow mechanically more interesting (which can be fairly balanced because of the cap on guild size) and other brand new features come out to address the current wave of criticism.

I think the main disconnect right now is that devs have built guilds one way and players were thinking guilds would be something else. I’m in favor of everyone getting what they want, so I think it will help more for players to be saying why guilds need to be giant so the confusion can be pinpointed. Raising the cap is addressing the symptom, not the problem.

Why you care those buff that much lol.
Its not something will affect end game players
it will just be as slight buff for new players.
It’s not something will break the game.

To be honest, if i have to choose between buff system or unlimited members.
I choose the unlimited members.
In this game, players only need frame works like the guild system, forge system, portal system…etc, and then we can create our own reward.

Believe or not i can set up even more powerful reward than those stupid buff to attract people join lol.
Like guild machine room with a lot of power coils set up with max power for new players to use.
or guild quest system to rewards best forge gears for end game players.

If you take a look for those buff it’s really not worth for that kind of money spend to active lol.
But most guild will still active it because it help new player members play easier.

For most guild leader, members number > those buffs.

For this is even more ridiculous, with or without guild system people already can do that lol.
You know before guild system release most guild already have guild system by hosting their discord right ?
Nothing like that happen before lol And 10k players in one guild is impossible as well.

Also players not idiot, they won’t choose to join that kind of guild, and this why no one is going to create guild like that.

Honestly, guilds should have 0 cap’s but also remove multi guilds.

I’ll be honest, I don’t care about the “fairness” you do. Buffs are currently set at a line to achieve. You can either throw time and effort at it or throw people at it (same collective effort). Someone only spending 100c for a buff compared to my 10k for a buff a week doesn’t bother me and it never will. It’s a non-competitive game full of people with creative solutions. You and I may simply play different games at this point because I see none of your worries about big groups being particularly bothersome since they are already here.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll support rationale akin to “I want the guild cap to stay low so other people can’t be too much more popular than one another” or “make it harder on a group the bigger they get” because it should ultimately be up to a player to choose where they go to contribute and/or get perks. I want the guild cap raised 10x if we’re restricted to character slots rather than account slots, but I respect that there are some probable technical limitations.

4 Likes

to be honest being better(stronger) and buffs did not cross my mind before making this post i just want everybody that wonna be part off aquatopia together we mostly builders and like to team up on buildprojects i was so happy this came after all this time off trying to get people to friend eachother just to let someone help on shared plots but now i have to again manage different guilds /factions etc its quit annoying also we dont push people if they play one day every two weeks i want those players also to have a change to pop into the game and instantly help building on stuff we creating without the old headaces
if people feel like big guilds will be unbeatable our something like that i gladly ditch the buffs and just have a big group to help build stuff
if you wonna beat us was talking to rumply our ethos the otherday to bring back the spleef comp from beta
so we can have some fun :grinning:

at the moment the voting seems to agree with bigger and i think its the players choice to make guilds big our small not dev’s our people against it

like to add that i saw many players disapear that first wanted to play with me and help but then saw what a struggle it is to get tem to help cuase i never own what im working most off the time

im thinking off a work around to reset guild every week so i can easily select people to guild number 1 2 3 our 4 etc
to help on projects linked to that guild
so please give us more members so we can play more manage less
also think thats what guilds intended for
not to do guildwars
maybe better make each buildsite its own guild capped at 100 def doesnt do it for me

@james dont like to link ya but i would really really really like the dev’s to say something about it so we know whats up :smile:
maybe a different type off guild for people like me that doesn’t harm smaller guilds(wich i think we dont) our make them feel in a disadvantage

i cant speak for the other networks but PS would never pull that even if eveyone stoped donating oort we would still try and bust are butts to keep access open to eveyone

eve online the corp cap with all Corporation Management skills maxed is 12600… eve online has the same kind of market system boundless des (tho theres is a bit better) and mega crops with 8K + members are not damaging the average player for every guild that demands coin or some kind of payment to be in it there will be 30 others that dont and the crops that do will nickel and dime them selfs to death.

right now it is the problem all the cap is doing is forcing guild leaders to use factions for there non intended purpose and cut new members off form being able to chat in the main guild channels keep in mind too the game is not getting hundreds of new players a day we are hiting the cap just bassed on the pre offical guilds people where forming in the first place.

1 Like

fewer guildmembers so i t actually functions more as a guild then a community gathering for just the buffs

1 Like